Chapter 8: Trick or Treat

As each day passed, Leah felt the change in the air.

Not the days growing steadily colder, or the colorful change of the leaves.

No, the closer it grew to Halloween, the stronger the Nightmares grew.

Every day Leah had to battle increasingly painful waves of vertigo.

The Nightmares made sure that she'd never forget their opinion of her.

Halloween soon came, even if Leah wished it wouldn't.

The Nightmares decided to have a field day, nie constantly bombarding her to the point she could barely think straight.

Ersa did her best to help, but there wasn't really much she could do.

Leah sat on Foxy's stage, sipping a mug of tea, and doing her best to hold onto it with her shaking hands.

Chica came out from Springtrap's office.

She said something about Afton asking for Ersa.

The hair on Leah's arms stood up as a wave of dread hit her.

As Ersa and Chica talked, Leah did her best to beat back the Nightmares.

She set down her mug, and shakily stood up.

Leah followed Ersa into the middle room, gently grabbing her arm to stop her before she could go into the workshop.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her brows furrowed in concern.

"I've learned to trust whenever I get a bad feeling, and my gut is telling me to stick close to you tonight." Leah said.

Over the short time the two had gotten to know each other, Ersa had learned to trust Leah.

She gave Leah a quick nod and the two went into Afton's office together.

Springtrap was nowhere to be seen.

Ersa called out for him, but the only response was a soft crackling whirl from the other room.

Leah looked around in confusion and wonder.

She'd never been allowed in the odd side room before.

This room had pipes of swirling color stretching across it.

The humming, louder now, was coming from a large machine set into the wall.

The center swirled and danced with many colors.

"Mr. Afton?" Ersa called out more cautiously.

The swirling colors of the portal slowly shifted to black and orange.

A dark figure emerged from the portal.

"Hello there little ones, Happy Holloween." He was tall, glowing from the inside with a fiery light.

He resembled Springtrap, but his body was twisted and radiated heat like from a furnace.

Leah's eyes went wide.

A feeling of terror gripped her, urging her to run and not look back.

"Uh, nice costume Mr. Afton?" Ersa said as she backed up a step.

The Jack O'-Springtrap followed the two as they backed towards the other room.

"I wouldn't say a costume. The portal seems to be acting up, and now it's time for Fazbear Fright to REALLY FRIGHT!" At this last part, he lunged at them.