Chapter 14

In the Mandir

(Instead of Ganesh murti imagine Guru Nanak picture and radha krishna murti)

Nandini kept the prasad and smiled seeing such a beautiful mandir. She sat down and stared decorating the place with flowers that were kept there. Neyonika and Navya simply watched her and the smile on her face made them happy. They could see how she loved doing all these simple household chores. Once she was done she stood up and started doing arti while singing...

O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan
O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan

Main Hu Teri Prem Deewani
Mujhko Tum Pehchaan
Madhur Suna Do Taan
O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan

Jabse Tum Sang Maine Apne
Naina Jod Liye Hai
Kya Maiya Kya Babul Sabse
Rishte Thod Liye Hai
Tere Milan Ko Vyakul Hai Ye
Kabse Mere Praan

Madhur Suna Do Taan
O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan

Saagar Se Bhi Gehari Mere
Prem Ki Geheraai
Lok Laaj Kul Ki Mariyada
Saj Kar Main Toh Aayee
Meri Preeti Se O Nirmohi
Ab Na Bano Anjaan

Madhur Suna Do Taan
O Kaanha Ab To Murli Ki
Madhur Suna Do Taan

Madhur Suna Do Taan
Madhur Suna Do Taan

Her voice shocked them. They had never heard her sing but it calmed their mind and heart just like Manik and Akshu's voice does. Her way of singing showed she was a trained singer. Her song woke the others and everyone came down to the mandir to hear her sing. Manik was lost in her voice he had heard it before but the bhajan she was singing made his mind calm. Once the song was over she turned to give arti and saw everyone there she smiled and gave arti to everyone.

Nandini - Jab sab uth gaye hai...then get dressed Breakfast is almost ready. Manik kya khaogey?

She asked while keeping the arti down and moving out while others followed her to the living room...

Manik - Gobhi paratha....

Nandini - except that...subha subha oily is not good and you work out phir bhi....

Manik - arey punjabi hun paratha is staple....

Nandini - not happening... puchna hi nhi chahiye tha... am making something of my choice and you will have it...

Saying this she left to the kitchen... Manik was gaping at her and then pouted looking at Neyonika making other laugh at his face

Neyonika - chalo isi bahane iss ghar mein log thora healthy toh kayenge....

Navya - Sahi mein aunty....

Manik - she just shut me down....how mean...

Abhi - Big B.... abhi toh shurawat hai...

Manik (glaring Cabir) - Kiddo stay away from Cabir...he is spoiling you...

Cabir - excuse me...what did I do?

Manik - everything....you are spoiling him....

Manyu - Stop it...ab tum dono shuru mat ho jao... go get dressed...Manik jaldi ja warna phir daant padhegi....