Ears

The girl can't exactly make out what the two glowing dots in the distance are supposed to be. But before she can have another good look, they have disappeared in thin air. The curious cat she is, she grabs her battery powered flashlight from her duffel bag to go and check it out.
Step by step she makes her way to the opened mechanical doors. They are wide open and unable to close due to the blackout that is still taking place. These usually take about 30 minutes but it's been way more then that by now. Her curiosity is far to great to let fear get to her though.
She moves her flashlight around to illuminate the area. The usual shelfs of boxes and random goodies are there. And also a few yellow buckets. She spots a hazmat. That's just what she needed.

The hazmat is such a hassle to put on. She has to hold her flashlight with her teeth. The silence is starting to get louder.
With a loud 'clunk' sound, her flashlight falls to the ground. It's like it could be heard through the entire building. Completely shook, she picks up the flashlight once again. Looking around in panic to see if anyone, or anything has heard her.
It's once again dead silent. Until the same ruffling noise can be heard from before, this time closer by. The girl freezes in place. Walking backwards with her back to the wall so that she can have a good look at her surroundings. But she accidentally steps on the broken taser and it makes her slip. She hits the ground with a loud thud. Groaning in pain. She hit her arm hard against the wall. Her cries are quickly interrupted by the same sounds she heard earlier, closer by and more frequently.
She backs up against the wall, this time her fear being greater then her curiosity and pain combined. The two dots of light. Red and yellow. They are staring at her from the shadows. They are eyes. Two big glowing eyes. The girl stares at them in fear, moaning in pain. The eyes come closer, slightly revealing their owner. It's a tall creature, about 6 feet tall. It's arms, legs torso and head are covered with layers of black and grey fur, it blends in perfectly with the shadows. Standing on its two legs just like a human would. Is it a wolf of sorts? No. It resembles the looks of a feline. A panther, it's a panther. She's read about them before. It's one of Laminaxs many creations. One of the beings that multiplies by infecting it's victims. A cat that hates all other things roaming around, especially slime pups.
This one seems to be very interested in her. It keeps staring at her with a frightening look. Like it's waiting to strike. With every groaning noise she makes, it turns its ears right at her. It observes her every move and sound. The eyes, they are hypnotizing. She can't help but to keep staring at them.
The beast slowly makes it way over to her. The closer it gets the more it towers over her.
What else did she read about panthers? Panthers love to hunt. Panthers also love the dark. Panthers, they hate light! The girl grabs her flashlight and shines it right into the eyes of the feline. The panther growls and covers its eyes with its paws in pain. She takes this as her chance to flee, grabbing all she's got, she makes a run for it. Into the crystal caves to find a hiding spot.
She finds a tight spot in between the giant white crystals. Making sure not to touch them, she slides into the hiding spot. Not knowing what to do next, she sits there in silence. She can't make a single sound. Its ears will lead it right to her. This cat is more curious then she is.