Chapter One "New House, Old Memories"

I take a deep breath as I step out of my car. "I forgot how beautiful it was." I look over and notice my twin sister, Melody says as she walks up the path to the front door, and honestly, I have the same thought. Our aunt's house appeared to be identical, with the same flowers next to the pathway, the same big window, and the same smell.

"Melody!" I yelled as I waited for her to turn around, and once she did, I said, "Take a deep breath." As she does, a look of disgust forms. "What do you mean it smells the same...gross?" she says, but I know that she is joking. "Where's mom? The movers are here, but she isn't. I thought she was in front of us."

HONK HONK

Me and Melody look at each other, knowing our mom likes to make an entrance. "What are you guys waiting for? The movers have gone into the house more than you too," my mom says as she looks between us, the house, and the moving truck. "We were just taking it all in again," we say at the same time, damn our twinsense.

"You know the house, I don't care what rooms you guys want, but I get the en suite." Moms say, "I'll race you for it mom." Melody says right back as she starts to lightly jog to the front door. "You're on," she says as she books it to the front door. I already know mom is going to play dirty to get that room, so I grab my backpack and go upstairs to the other side of the house, where I pick the bigger room.

Aunt Marly put a balcony in the smaller room, but the bigger room had a slightly bigger closet, which is exactly what I wanted. My new room has a bathroom that serves as a hallway between mine and Melody's room, as well as a wall that is almost entirely made up of windows. I take a peek into these boxes, and I realize most of them are already mine, which is going to make this easier, which I liked.

"I wanted the bigger room, plus you have a bigger closet, and I have more clothes than you," she says as she lays on my carpeted floor. "Did you even look in your room?" knowing she didnt "Your room has a balcony," I say as I take my airpods from my backpack and begin unpacking. She screams a little as she runs through the bathroom into her room, immediately going onto her balcony. "You can have that room!" she yells from her new room.

I had a couple boxes of clothes when the movers started to put my furniture in my room. "You can put all the furniture anywhere you want; I will figure out the final placement later," I say with a smile on my face, trying to be nice to people in my new town. "We can put it wherever you want, we don't mind," one guy says. "Its okay." "No ma'am, seriously, we can." "I promise it's okay." "Are you sure?" they say as they look over my body, thinking I'm not strong enough to do it. I probably can't, but they don't need to know that.

Having enough of them silently judging me, I decide to say, "I got it." very briefly to get my point across to them. After they leave, I take a look around my room and decide put my bed in the corner by the windows, my TV on the wall in front of my bed, and a small table underneath for my bins full of random stuff. Finally, I placed my bookshelf against the wall to the right of my bed, with my desk next to it. Last but not least, I placed my beanbag next to my TV, my desk chair at my desk, and my mirror on the wall.

"The pizza is here, girls! I also got cheesy bread, so come grab some before I take all the marinara!" my mom yells as I am looking at the last item in my last box, a selfie my dad and I took at the beach a few days before the accident. All of these memories come crashing back. All these old memories in a new house without him.

_______________

first chapter down many more from here! i hope you guys like the start i didnt want to add more after the ending, i kinda wanted to leave it on a cliff hanger and start the next chapter with it

first chapter down many more from here! i hope you guys like the start i didnt want to add more after the ending, i kinda wanted to leave it on a cliff hanger and start the next chapter with it. let me know how i did, give me tips, ask questions, anything!

words: 779

published: 2/15/2023

don't forget to vote and comment

-shorty365 <3