CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

DANIELLE'S P.O.V.

The click clack of my heels making contact with the marble floor resonated in the quiet reception. I was visiting my Dad at his company to check up on him and tell him about the latest developments in my life.

"Good morning, Ms Dawson." the receptionist greeted with a bright smile.

"Good morning, Samantha. How have you been?" I asked.

"I've been very well, how about you?" she asked.

"I've been good." I replied.

Samantha and I had been cordial ever since her employment into Dad's company. She was pretty and nice, a few years my senior, but she always accorded me the respect one would give their age mates. She was easily the most likeable employee in the company.

"Congratulations on your wedding. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I'm sure you looked like a princess" she said.

"Thank you, Sam. It's okay." I said, giving her an assuring smile.

I continued on my way to my dad's office, taking the elevator to the 11th floor. On getting there, the elevator opened with a ping drawing the secretary's attention.

"Good morning, Ms Dawson." Elena, Dad's secretary greeted. She had short dark hair that she always packed into a shirt ponytail. Her black suit was neat and ironed, and small golden orbs glistened from her ear holes.

"Good morning, Elena. How are you doing today?" I asked.

"I'm doing very well. You look beautiful as always, Ms Dawson. Anyone would believe that you majored in Fashion." she complimented.

"Thank you, Elena. Your suit is to die for." I returned the compliment.

"You flatter me. Mr Dawson stepped out of his office for a moment, he'll be back soon." she told me.

"Okay. I'll just wait for him then. Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome."

"Elena?" I said.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"How is my dad? Is he eating well?" I asked.

"He is usually busy during the day but I make sure to always reserve a table for him at his favorite restaurant. Sometimes, the chef sends food through Mr Grey, his driver." she said.

"Oh. Okay, thank you." I appreciated.

"Don't worry about him. He's in good hands." she reassured.

I gave a warm smile in appreciation. I was grateful for the good people around Dad. They made it easier for me to feel less inclined to leave Dad on his own.

I entered Dad's office to wait for him. After a half hour of waiting, he opened the door to his office.

"Hello Dad." I greeted.

"Oh Danielle, my sweet." he greeted walking up to me. We hugged each other and he kissed my cheeks.

"How have you been, my sweet?" he asked.

"I've been very good, Dad. What about you? How is your health? How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I've been very well, my dear. Nothing out of the ordinary."

"You should stop working so much, you know. You have to start taking care of yourself." I told him.

"Asides you, work is all I have. I can not afford to slack when there is a lot of competition." he said, sitting on a couch.

"Just take it easy, please. For my sake." I said.

"I will do that, my sweet. Anything for you. How have your new family been treating you? Like the princess that you are, I hope."