Chapter Four: She's mine

Alisdair's standpoint

   “I can't believe you left our mate there! What if we never find her again! Alisdair, do you know the consequences of what you did! You and I both know our powers are getting out of hand and we need our other half to balance it. Not your filthy harem of power greedy sluts, the real one meant for us! Do you know what will happen if we fail to find her! Someone else might claim her!” A week after escaping my mate and he hadn't let me be with his constant jabbing and screaming, and the two idiots I call friends just had to increase it with their nonsensical talk. How do you ignore two people that always find a way to push themselves into your personal space for no reason?

    I grabbed my head, ready to bash it against my desk, but stopped since doing that might destroy the whole building. He was right, my powers were getting out of hand. Any little thing could cause destruction. Having such powers that grew every day had a disadvantage. I needed another soul attached to mine to balance it, a mate as he would claim. Not her.

   I took in a deep calming breath as the image of her smile appeared in my head. Just her smile was enough to calm me down. How can something so calming be frustrating at the same time? I could have claimed her like he wanted, but we both knew the risk that came with it. I could never subject her to that. Besides, picking her would raise a lot of conflicts. The council court already chose the lady royals, women who are fit to be queen and can accommodate my powers and authority. Selecting her, a human, would start a lot of dispute and throw her into a world outside her comfort zone. Plus, the worse torture would be me. I can't do that to her.

   “You can try. I know it'll be hard, but if we are supportive, she will be fine!”

   “How do you expect her to survive all the trials and tests that would be thrown her way! Especially the physical combat! Will you stop and think this through for once!” He was about to reply to me when Elric shrieked girlishly. I opened my eyes to glare at them to be quiet, only to see Renzo trying to force his cock down Elric's throat. This annoying imp! I was an inch away from popping his head open when Rialta picked him up by his hair and hurled him across the room. When did she get here?

   “Idiot,” she muttered under her breath and averted her gaze to me. Great, she knows something is wrong. “You agreed to pick a queen,” she blurted out. Of course she would be the first to think it through among them. First agreeing to let them fill my castle with their so-called lady royals was one thing, a cheap excuse actually. But she knew that agreeing to select a queen wasn't an easy decision. She knew it meant my destructive powers were getting out of hand. “Are you really going to pick a queen? Or are you playing with the council again?”

   “For real,” I sighed, rubbing my face with my palm, “I need her to be at a higher level to contain the new velocity of powers.”

   “Wait, you are serious about it?” Ren asked quizzically, still plastered to the wall, “I thought you were messing around! Dude, are you crazy? Do you know what will happen if it turns out to be like the others? You don't know what will happen since you've never fully claimed a woman before. Are you sure you are thinking straight?”

   “No, I'm not, but I don't have a choice. So unless you want my powers getting out of hand, especially with Argider ignoring and fighting me all the time, you won't reprimand me for trying to protect the realm I worked so hard to save. You both know how hard it was to bring this level of peace we have today, so as the arc guardian of this realm, I must throw away my needs and think about the people” Rialta kept her mouth shut, observing me to figure out my true problem. I knew she wouldn't buy it. Yes, I already agreed to the mating ball before I saw the other woman, but seeing her changes everything. Unlike them, I didn't share their belief of a true mate being the final better half. To me, she's the final death sentence.