Տᗴᐯᗴᑎ

ᴘᴏᴠ ᴏᴅᴇᴀɴ✾

I was relaxing in the driver's seat of DD's Chevrolet the seat was pushed back to accommodate my stretched-out frame. My eyes were carefully scanning the crowd. The night was packed with vehicles lining the street sides and patrons dancing and vibing.

I smiled as forwards and pull-ups ring out into the night, permeated by sounds of bikes revving and a few football horns. My eyes followed movements in the solitude searching for one person.

The night was going on fine and the selectors were holding down their segments well, but I could not find it in me to enjoy myself.

Where the hell was she? Shelly said she was going to be here.

I had left after hours of hanging out with DD, his friends and their girls at a private Boothe on the jam-packed lawn. I was through pretending to want to party with the sexy little Browning who was giving off vibes that spoke of more than a few dry humping and more so of hardcore bedroom bump and grinding.

It had been nice to have her body all up on mine, but I knew if I encourage her advances I would be tangled up in more than I ask for. I did not come back to have myself in any of the woman drama that I heard was going around.

It seems that every girl here was some way up in the flavour of some other woman's man. By the looks of some devious stares and a few wild cheering to a few of the selector's choice songs that have to do with throw words tune, it was clear that the hotties here were brewing for a war.

Even the selector that was now busy shelling the final segment before the dancehall jugglings were up to his neck in the mix-up.

Things almost escalated to a fevered high when Simone who had come over to check if we were kool and enjoying ourselves (but mostly to check up pan her bunna man) was just in time to see two young girls flair up when Little D filled the lawn with Lady Saw's I got Your Man.

....Your man he told me
That he's tired of the shit you got
He took one hit
And said my good shit keeps him coming back
He likes it tight
And said your shit is just a little slack
Girl, don't get mad at me
I'm only telling you the fact...

The young selector, who I later found out name is Kronazz, was holding tightly onto a tall, curvy, body, chocolate skin woman in a tiger print halter top jumper doing his best to calm her; tempers were flaring as the words hit close to home.

There was a slightly shorter woman in black skin-hugging leather pants with hips to die for and a tight-fitting white lace deep v-cut neck spaghetti top ready to pounce on the gyrating girls who were thoroughly enjoying their provoking of the two women who looked old enough to be their mothers and that was not me being rude as the women look good.

There was also another guy dressed rather stylishly standing there. He wore a look of mild amusement on a boyishly handsome face. He said something to the selector after Simone lead the still fuming tigress away. The selector gave him a quick nod before he followed the leather-clad woman out of the lawn.

The two women I later discovered from Shelly were Peggy's friends. Simone was the selector's girl sisterinlaw. I wanted to know who the guy was that left with the other woman but I said nothing as I did not want to know that he was Peggy's lover.

It seems that here in Jamaica love triangles were out and everyone was broaching on any shape they could fit into their romance.

I adjusted the seat to the upright position and let my mind drift from the night's event. I was also trying to quell my disappointment at not seeing Pat when a Honda Civic Hatchback pulled into the space in front of the Jeep. I sat there thinking I best tell DD I was leaving.