Peaceful learning ~ Tsireya

Leaving my home with my family was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
Leaving the only thing I've ever known was a hard transition.
And having to learn the ways of the water was definitely harder to learn.

My siblings and I were currently standing on the sand near the ocean and waiting for the Chiefs children to show up.
I groan in boredom. " Are they going to show up or not? I heard being fashionably late was a bad thing" I say kicking sand up.

Neteyam laughs. " Clam down baby sister. I'm sure they just got caught up doing chores or something." He says Turing his attention to our younger sister Tuk.
I sigh and look at the water. I feel Lo'ak stand next to me.

I giggle slightly at the idea that popped into my head. I turn my head away so that he couldn't see my smirk.
I lift my leg up slightly and smack it into Lo'aks legs making him fall to his knees.
He stumbles forward, falling more than I expected him to.

I gasp and cover my mouth from trying not to laugh.
Neteyam turned his head towards Lo'ak and smiles proudly.
I gave up on trying not to laugh and begin bursting out laughing.

Neteyam smiles widely and walks over to me laughing.
He rests a hand on my shoulder approvingly.
Lo'ak grunts as he gets up.
Neteyam and I stop laughing and smile at him.

I hear Kiri behind me scoff. " You two are so immature."  She says.
I laugh and turn to her.
" We're twins what do you expect? I think I'm allowed to mess with him once an while" I say smartly.
" That's so not funny Nat" lo'ak hisses.
I laugh once more and give him an apologetic hug. He doesn't hug back and I'm okay with that.
I let go of him.
" I'm sorry, I really am." I say looking into his eyes hoping he would see that I mean it.

He scoffs and smiles. " You couldn't be sorry even if you tried"
I giggle and touch my chest and pretend to be hurt.

As I was finishing my conversation with Neteyam he nudges me to get my attention.
I look up to see the Chiefs children walking over.
I twirl my hair in annoyance knowing we would have to learn something.

" Hello everyone! It's very nice to meet you all once again." The girl whom I believe is named Tsireya greets us all.
Pretty girl I will say. She's very pure.
"Hi" I say brushing my hands against tuk's.

Tsireya smiles brightly at me as she covers her mouth with her hand so I can't see the fact that's she's blushing.
I roll my eyes playfully.
" It's very nice to meet you too. I hope whatever you teach us will help us learn your ways" Neteyam says gratefully.

" Of course! Today I think we will just work on some swimming and breathing exercises if that's alright with you" she says swaying her hips slightly as she leads us down farther to the ocean.

The boy who was named Aonung scoffed and tossed a shell into the water.
" Of course there okay with it. They have no choice, we have no choice" he say's angrily.
Tsireya smacks the back of his head slightly.
I laugh but stop myself quickly.

Tsireya stops at our destination and smiles at me.
She waves her hands towards the water leading us into it.
The water felt nice. Warm mixed with extremely cold. I noticed some fishes swimming around me.

They had blue scales with pink outlined on them.
I smiled and dove into the water completely.
Tuk had followed my lead and watched the fishes swim.

I noticed Tsireya signing something to me. I had no clue what she was saying but I think she wanted me to come up.
I pulled Tuk along with me. We swam to the top.

Tsireya beamed. " You two are excellent at this already!"
I smiled and looked at tuk.
" You really think so?" Tuk asked excitingly.
Tsireya nodded.

Tuk smiled again and swam over to Neteyam to tell him how well she was doing.
Neteyam looked extremely interested in what Tuk was saying. It made me feel at home knowing how well they got along.

Lo'ak was never that way with me. Just because we were twins he never was that way. As much as I wanted him to show me he loved me as the sister I was, I didn't expect him to actually do it.
I always felt like the odd one out in the family.
Being a sully is incredible I'll say, but it's not what you think once you realize your not the one they love the most.

" So! Your name is Nat right?" Tsireya asks pulling me out of my thoughts.
I turn my head back to her and smile softly.
" Yeah it is. My full name is Natasha but everyone calls me Nat. It's been my nickname since birth"
She smiles more at me.
" It quite beautiful! Lo'ak is your twin right?"
She asks.

I giggle at all of her questions.
" Yes he is. He's something isn't he?" I ask spotting him getting pushed by Neteyam in the water.
" Yeah.." Tsireya looks at me as she says it, making me blush and look away.

" Let's go to the rest of the group! I'm sure they want to know what we're doing" I say quickly pulling her with me.
I let go of Tsireyas arm gently and stand next to Lo'ak.
Tsireya waves her hand goodbye as her brother follows.

I wave at her and smile. " We will see you later" I say loudly so they could hear me.
Tsireya gives me a proud nod and walks into her hut.
I sigh and look at my feet.
" She totally likes you" Lo'ak says nudging me slightly.
I scoff and push him back.

" There's no way" I say.
" Are you serious? Have you seen the way she looked at you? She definitely does"
" Keep telling yourself that" I say and walk away.
I feel Lo'ak grab my hand and turn me around.
" I am serious Nat. She likes you. I believe in you" he says as if he can control my love life.

" Thank you Lo'ak" I say and walk back to our hut.
I feel Neteyam run up to me. I walk into the hut. I saw mom and dad sitting down preparing lunch.
" Does my baby sister have a crush?" I hear Neteyam say as we sit down.

I turn towards him angrily and smack him in the back of the head.
I didn't exactly want my parents to hear that I had a crush on a girl. I know people aren't great about that stuff.

I see my mothers ears perk up.
" Have you found love already?" She sits down next to me and brushes some hair behind my ear.
I sigh.
My dad had no expression and I'm sure he didn't want to know either.
I scoff and stand up. " Shes just-" I say until my dad cut me off.

" She?" Is all he said.
I sigh and look down. Tears build in my eyes.
I feel Neteyams hand on my shoulder wanting to pull me in a hug.
I Look up to see my dad smiling brightly.
" That's amazing" he says as he stand up.

He opens his arms to hug me. I smile and hug him back.
Lo'ak runs and piles into the hug.
" My twin sister is in loveeeee" he cooes.
We all laugh as I feel Neteyam and Tuk join in on the group hug.
And then my mom and Kiri joined in.

The sullys stuck together.