A simple feeling~Neteyam

"Ooo la la!" Tsireya cooed as she took her hands in mine.
I rolled my eyes. The newcomers had arrived just a little bit ago and I couldn't help but notice one of the boys eyes on me.
" He totally likes you!" She giggled slightly.

" Oh please, he doesn't even know my name" I say and walk out of the hut. Tsireya follows me behind smiling brightly.
" Well, that's beside the point isn't it? For now, is he cute?" She asks desperately.
I squint slightly trying to remember he's looks.

I remember the beads in his hair, his golden eyes, and well...him.
I smile. " I believe so. If I got a better look at him I think I would say so"
Tsireya looks at me as if she isn't happy with my answer. I didn't say he was nor did I say he wasn't.

Suddenly Tsireya grabs onto my hand and pulls me forward.
" Well then! You can get a better look at him now!" She says pulling me more.
" What?!" I burst out.

I had a feeling she was going to take me to him.
Which was the worst idea of all history.
Tsireya pulled me along until he found them standing on the edge of the water.
I stopped so abruptly I began to stumble down.
I closed my eyes ready for the impact of the fall until I feel someone's hands stop me from falling.

I open my eyes and look into another pair of eyes.
I breath in slightly trying to catch my breath.
I balance myself back up and look back at him.
I feel his hands slither away from my waist.
For some reason his touch felt addicting. It was a touch you couldn't stop thinking about.

" I- um I'm so sorry! I lose my footing quiet a lot actually" I stamper trying not to make a fool out of myself.
Although I'm sure I already have.
He smiles and eyes his brother. " Oh no your alright. I definitely couldn't have someone like you falling"
He whispers 'falling'

I smile back at him. " My names Arielle. This is my sister Tsireya" I introduce Tsireya.
She wasn't paying attention, she was eyeing the other brother.
I scoff under my breath.
" Nice to meet you both. I'm Neteyam and this is my brother lo'ak" he says.

Lo'ak smiles at me and waves. I wave back.
"Well we must be going. We will see you both at dinner" I say and grab Tsireyas arm, pulling her away.
When we're out of earshot, Tsireya starts giggling like she's never giggled in her life.

" He so likes you! He caught you! Oh my Ewya! Is his eyes pretty? Are his hands nice? Do you think you two could-"
I stop her Incase whatever she was going to say next would be nothing I would want her to say.
" Yes to all of that! But jeez Tsireya, I could see you eye making out with Lo'ak" I laugh at the last part.

Tsireya laughs again and pulls me back into our room we share.
" We are in love sister! May Ewya bless us with them!" She exclaims.
I laugh and sit down on my bed.
How I hope she was right about that.

______________

At dinner I was helping my mother, Ronal set everything out.
More people of our clan began to arrive for dinner.
I noticed the sully family walking over.
I smiled and began to walk over until my mother stopped me.

" What do you think you're doing? You still need to finish your task" my mother said eyeing the task I had just been doing.
I sighed. " Mother, the sully family has arrived. I want to greet them and make sure they know where they are going" I explained.

My mother sighed and waved me off. " Fine. Just make sure you finish your task"
I smiled and began walking to them.
I saw Neteyam smile at me as I walked over.
" Hello sully family! Welcome to our clan dinner. It's we're we usually eat every night." I said almost sounding too formal.

The mother smiled deeply. " Thank you...what is your name dear?"
" Arielle. But you may call me Ari" I say holding my hands behind my back.
" Thank you ari. It's very generous of you to let us stay here" The father says.

" Of course! We are more than happy to have you here" I assure.
Suddenly I hear my mother call me. " Oh! I must get back. I will see you in a minute" I look at Neteyam as I as the last part.

I run back to my mother. I feel her gently place her hand on my shoulder.
" You are very confident towards them but I don't need you doing everything for them." She comments as I wrap up my food.
" Mother, they are new. They don't know the ways of us so they are learning" I say. I regret it as soon as I say it.

I feel her sigh deeply. " Fine. But if you end up mating with one of there sons I don't think I will let you back in my home again."
I scoff and turn to her. " Why would you suggest that? That's absurd" I lie.

One of there sons being my mate isn't such a bad thought know that I think of it.
" I overheard you and Tsireya talking about them. Don't get too close" she hisses and walks off.
I sigh and walk off with my food.

I see tsireya sitting in front of the sully children eating.
I smile and walk over. I sit down next to tsireya and look up at them.
" Hey" lo'ak greets. I greet him back.
I notice Neteyam isn't sitting down near us.
Lo'ak sees me looking around and immediately knew what I was looking for.

" He's over by our hut" he jerks his head towards the way.
I look above Lo'ak and see Neteyam sitting down far away.
I sigh. " You should go over to him." He suggests.
I shake my head.

" No, I don't want to bother him. He probably wants to be alone" I say calmly.
" I can assure you he would want someone with him. It certainly can't be me" he laughs slightly.
I smile and stand up.
I begin walking towards him.

When I reached Neteyam he looked up at me.
" May I sit?" I ask gently.
He nods and looks back at the water.
We stay silent for a few minutes before he speaks.
" If my brother said I was upset, I don't need your pity" he says through a cracking voice.

A voice that sounded like he had been crying before. " Well are you?" I ask
He sighs. " No. I'm just homesick. If my brother-"
I cut him off.
" your brother didn't say anything about you. Just tell me about you. What's on your mind?" I ask.

I felt if I asked him that question he would open up.
I couldn't force him but I could help.
" I'm not upset, I just miss my home. I Miss the way things used to be" he admits.

My lips curl. " I understand that. But I know you'll make a new home here. With your family. With...me" I whisper the me hoping he didn't hear it.
But I think he did. He turns his head to me.
" Thank you Ari. For everything" he whispers.

I smile and look out in the water.
" Your welcome" I look back at him. He was already looking at me.
I observed him slowly. " I like your beads" I say

He smiles and looks away slowly. " Well, I like your dazzling personality" I scoff at his attempt to flirt.
" Thanks I guess" I laugh.
We smile at each other once more before walking back to the group.

What a simple feeling.