twenty-two

zach's house
812 n fairfax ave
beverly hills, california
december 31st, 2021
12:01am

The call was silent, which wasn't understandable for it being midnight for Zach, and around 9 am for Finn, who was still filming in London. The boy had been so tired recently, barely being able to sleep between trying to balance friends, the movie shoot, and streaming when he was at Nathan's house.

The boy had been more than stressed recently, as it was coming closer and closer to the release date. According to him, the set was more frantic and fast-paced than usual, as well as more packed days when it came to filming, cold reads, makeup, wardrobe, and the million other things that came in the daily life of being an actor.

Zach knew the feeling, or at least, some aspect of it. Touring always managed to take so much out of him, whether it was unable to eat properly, barely achieving four hours of sleep per night, or practically living off of caffeine, he had felt it.

For so long, none of them knew how to balance their social wellness, their health, or their tour, and while the experience was fun, it was also such a huge struggle for all of them. Eventually, they had begun getting the hang of the whole thing, but by that time it was too late.

Currently, Finn was asleep in his on-set trailer, breathing deeply, just another sign of how tired he actually was. The Frenchman was wrapped up in a soft grey blanket, his face barely peeking through the opening in the fabric. His hair was a mess on top of his head, and his bangs covered his closed eyes.

"Finn? Finn? Finn, where are you?" Zach perked up at the sound of a muffled female voice getting picked up as the laptop's microphone was overly sensitive. "Finn, come on, you promised you would help me with my hair! Please!"

Zach knew from past experience that it took a lot to wake Finn up, as he was such a deep sleeper, so the young girl would most likely not be able to wake him up unless she really tried. It was one of the things that Zach really envied about his friend. He fell asleep whenever he wanted and didn't wake up until he needed to.

As the laptop's camera faced towards the door, he saw how it jiggled slightly before opening and revealing a young brunette wearing Victorian-Era clothing. Her red-tinted dress was tight around the top before expanding into a gown. It took a second for Zach to even realize who she was: Millie Bobbie Brown. The entire world knew who she was, especially after Stranger Things blew up.

Millie smiled as she saw the state her co-star was in, slowly approaching before freezing upon seeing Zach on the laptop screen, observing her. She blinked a few times before rubbing her eyes and approaching the table once more.

"Hello there." She seemed a little awkward, although it was understandable.

"Hey. I'm Zach." The boy gave a wave as he chuckled, smiling softly, to which she returned, albeit awkwardly.

"Uhh..." She looked around, blinking slightly before sitting down at the small table next to where Finn had slumped over, still deep in his comatose state. "I'm Millie. Sorry, it is just too early and my brain is not exactly awake right now."

"Don't worry about it. I get the feeling. So you're working with Finn on this movie?" Zach inquired, wondering if he could get some more information about the shoot since Finn was being extra secretive. "He's been keeping very quiet."

The girl visibly brightened, a wide smile overtaking her features. "Yeah! You probably haven't seen the pictures, but for a while, he had to wear a wig. His hair was practically down to his shoulders! Quite the sight!"