Part of a story that I got an A++ on for a fith grade project

I was souring through the air, Enjoying every bit of it. Loving it more and more as each flap I took brought me higher and higher up into dark blue sky's clouds. They ran across me, leaving little water droplets forming on my face, getting bigger and bigger until they got too heavy and decided to take a dive onto the earth's dry ground. Some of them splashed onto my slightly outstretched arms and rolled off with each bounce of my body. There was a lake down below, which held glistening blue water, waiting for me to dive in. there were trees surrounding the lake, ones which had healthy, dark green leaves on each one of their long arms. There, in front of me, about 25 feet away, was a pigeon, whose feathers were gray and white and whose flank looked like it was about to leak.

"Oh. No you don't." I flew faster, opened my mouth, and sucked the bird right in. It let out a sound like, hoo hoo hoo, which ceased as I cracked its neck and swallowed it whole. I turned upside down, and went straight towards the lake. I crashed into a cloud and came out of the bottom. It got water in my eyes, but, whatever. I would close them anyway. I shut my eyes tight, folded my wings, let my body go limp, and just fell. Oh, did I love that feeling. The feeling of weightlessness. I could stay like that forever and ever. I plunged into the water, on my stomach, which did hurt, but it was all forgotten when I opened my eyes, and started to swim. I pushed forward with my wings and tail and noted when white, Brown, and black fish struggled to get away from me. One of the 50 or so fish was a little too slow, and I gobbled him up just like I did the bird, whole.

I raced back up to the surface as fast as I could. I shot out of the water, sending a splash of white and blue right behind me and did a flip, Splashing right back into the water. This time though, I did not go back under, and decided to float on my scaly back, watching my feet bob up and down in the water. Each claw glistened, and each feather on the back of my head tingled. The joy in it all was amazing to the greatest extent. It was wonderful.

Then a buzzer sounded. I turned my scaly head from right to left, sniffing trying to find out what was annoying me. I'd just go eat it. I closed my eyes, held them closed for a bit, and opened them back up to see a white ceiling, 6 or so feet above me. I no longer had wings, or claws, or that magnificent tail. No long snout or feathers. Or scales, sharp teeth, or razor sharp spikes, running down my back. I was laying on my bed. Going to have to get up, get dressed, do this and that, go to school, do work, come home, and go to bed. (the only good part of the day) The cycle was never ending, and it sucked. I wish I was a dragon so that I didn't have to live this miserable life. The only good thing about it was my friends. I was in 7th grade, the hardest part of anyone's life. Getting made fun of for who you were. Very few to trust. And then there's the work.

"Get up Trey, you're going to be late for school! And we both know what that's like," my mother called from down the stairs. "I've already made breakfast, come down and eat!"

"OK!" I replied.

I pulled the covers off of me, and sat up. I swung my 2 legs over the side of the bed and yawned, my arms raising above me with my hands clutched in fists. I huffed in and out a couple of times, and raised my behind off of the bed. Standing on my feet. I walked, almost in a trance to my closet, which had a pair of blue jeans and a T-Shirt, hanging on 2 separate hangers. I pulled the shirt off and the hanger swung back, bouncing off the wall, came back, and hit me under the nose.

"ow."

I clutched my nose and bent over, letting out a bunch ows. As soon as it got better, I slipped on my shirt, pulled the jeans off the hanger, and pulled them on as well. I walked down stairs, pulled my self into the kitchen, and sat down in a chair. I started to push around my food, eating a little as I did, and daydreamed.

As soon as I went to sleep, I felt hands around my head, shaking me. It was my mom.

"What? Oh, sorry," I said, and then sniffed.