12. A Scorpion's Sting

Quan Chi was captured by a Special Forces team alongside Kenshi, Jax and Serena, Johnny and Kenshi chained him and sat him in a container to be transported to Fort Charles "I guess it's not your first time in cuffs. What's your safe word?" Johnny asked as Quan Chi snared at him, Rina snarked back at him before walking with Johnny and Kenshi back to Sonya Blade "advise Secretary Blake that Quan Chi is in custody. We'll be moving him to the supermax facility at Fort Charles within the hour" Sonya said to some soldiers "yes ma'am" one of them said as she turned to Rina, Johnny and Kenshi "Johnny, Kenshi, stand guard. Prisoner transfer will be here in twenty" Sonya ordered "oh, now she trusts me to babysit" Johnny said as she snarked at him whilst on the phone to Cassie Cage "Cage. Report" she said "(Cassie) we haven't caught up to D'vorah. We had her tracked to the Makeba cliffs, but then her trail went cold" Cassie informed her.

Rina watched on as Sonya communicated with Cassie Cage but she sensed someone she knew close by who she wouldn't expect and it deeply distracted her as she tore her gaze and body in a different direct facing away from them "Rina? What is it?" Kenshi asked "father...?" Rina mumbled as she turned to see Scorpion, known as Hanzo Hasashi, walking towards them "general" he greeted "master Hasashi. I haven't received word you were coming" Sonya said "I will have Quan Chi" he said "we have things under control. You can--" Sonya was cut off "he must die" Hanzo Hasashi interrupted "Raiden needs him. Without Quan Chi, we can't restore Liu Kang and the other revenants. you'd leave them trapped? Like you were?" she informed him "only Quan Chi concerns me" he said as he started to move past her but Sonya put her hand on his shoulder whilst the others including Rina taking out her sword surrounded him "don't do this, Hanzo. I'll put you down" she threatened "then we are at an impasse. Semeru!" he called as his clan soldiers ran out from hiding and attacked the soldiers making a brawl begin.

"Withdraw. Without Sento you are vulnerable" Hanzo Hasashi said to Kenshi who was on his knees but Rina quickly ran to Kenshi's aid tackling her father but she was pushed out of the way. It didn't take long for Hanzo to realise that Rina was alive in front of him after he thought she was dead "my daughter. you're alive.." he said quite stunned "yeah. And I'm happy to be. Let's settle this like old times" Rina said stubbornly as she fought Hanzo Hasashi.

Scorpion Wins!

"Only Quan Chi's death will abate my anger" he said as he walked towards Quan Chi's container "Hanzo, no! You've earned great trust for the Shirai Ryu. Do not squander it killing a withered sorcerer!" Kenshi told Hanzo "that withered sorcerer is the architect of my suffering" Hanzo Hasashi said going for Quan Chi inside the container.

Soon after

Quan Chi was brought out of his container and was dragged by two of Hanzo's soldiers "unbind him" he ordered "Scorpion... we can--" Quan Chi was cut off as Hanzo hit him to the ground "my name is Hanzo Hasashi!" he yelled grabbing Quan Chi by the chest armour "you killed my wife! my son! And then you burrowed your way into my daughter's head! Misdirected my vengeance! Cost me my one chance to have them restored!" he scolded "your family... I..." Quan Chi stuttered but Hanzo threw him on his feet in front of him "quiet sorcerer! Nothing can help you now" Hanzo threatened ready to fight Quan Chi.

Scorpion Wins!

"At last, you feel my pain!" he grumbled as he continued to brutalize Quan Chi "Scorpion, stop!" Sonya called out and Rina just stood at the side of them watching Scorpion continue to beat him until D'vorah walk through a portal "Quan Chi!" D'vorah's bug like voice called out to him as she brought out her spare spider like arms from her back, Rina went to attack her to defend Hanzo Hasashi but D'vorah stabbed Rina in the shoulder and left her wounded on the ground as Rina knelt down holding her wound. Hanzo ran to Rina to aid her whilst D'vorah rushed to Quan Chi "amulet..." he mumbled but Hanzo shot at him with his replica chain "get over here!" Hanzo said as he pulled Quan Chi back whilst Rina rushed out of the way "no!" D'vorah called but Quan Chi started to mumble strange words and eventually caught the amulet before Hanzo decapitated Quan Chi which obviously killed him "blood for blood. Your debt is paid" Hanzo said letting go of his chain.

The amulet started powering up and the power grew bigger until it started to show a person "free us, now!" Sonya demanded as Shinnok reappeared from his amulet and blasted away everyone who attacked him and they became unconscious except D'vorah. Cassie, Jaqui, Kung Jin and Takeda came through a portal after Shinnok and his followers left with Johnny as helped the seniors "mom, where's dad?" Cassie asked "Shinnok..." Sonya said as she rested back down "mom, mom, where'd they go?" Cassie asked but there was no response "mom?!" Cassie asked concerned "your father... Shinnok's prisoner.. at the sky temple.." Hanzo said as he sat up in pain.