Uncover

Hiccup and his team were on another rescue mission to save dragons from the cages of the hunter's ships. After all the other dragons they've encountered were released.. one of the cages Hiccup spotted was rather.. small. He had never encountered another small dragon before.

But the excitement of encountering a new dragon, it must be revealed. He slowly approached the small cage, unaware that the dragon was a single.. baby.. Night Fury. Once he got a closer look, he couldn't believe his eyes. "No way.. that's... not possible." He said to himself before kneeling to get a closer look to confirm it.

And it was confirmed.

It was indeed a juvenile Night Fury.

"This.. this is amazing." Hiccup chuckled before opening the cage. "It's okay.. shh.. shh.. I'm not going to hurt you." Hiccup slowly reached for the little one, taking off the muzzle that kept the young one quiet, thought it wasn't easy taking it off since the little one was highly aware of the damage humans can cost.

"Shh.. shh.." Hiccup picked up the little one carefully before standing up to his full height with the juvenile in his arms. "Just you wait until Toothless see's you, you two will be great friends.. I can tell." Hiccup smiled softly, he was too blinded from the fact that he found another Night Fury that he didn't even notice until the young one bit his hand.

"Owch!" Hiccup groaned which made him let go of the youngling, giving the little one a chance to escape. "W-wait! Where are you going?!" The dragon rider grunts as he holds his bitten hand, the little one was close to escaping, though he didn't even know how to fly yet..

But the young one's tracks were blocked by one, big, adult Night Fury.

Nonetheless.. Toothless.

Toothless looked down at the hatchling with his slit and sharp pupils, those pupils soon became round and beady at the realization that the hatchling was another one of his kind. "Oh thank Thor.." Hiccup was running behind the hatchling's tail the whole time. "Good job bud." He picked up the hatchling with a more secured grip.

"Let's get this little one home, shall we?" Hiccup smiled at Toothless who let out a purr and allowed Hiccup to mount him before taking off behind the other dragon riders.