p r o l o u g e

Change, something that's happened to me many times

Change, something that's happened to me many times. It's happened to my heart, mind, soul, family, and overall life.

Ninety five percent of it has been hell and the other five was amazing.

Peace, something that will never stay in my life. Always having to look over my shoulder, always having to fear something even if I don't know if it will happen.

My whole life has never been peaceful, and at this rate, it never will.

Time, something I wish I had more of. Time has always been a shitty thing. Never enough, but also, never too little of it.

I've always wanted more time. I don't know  what for, but I always wanted it.

Love, it's always been in my life, even if it wasn't shown correctly. I stopped longing for it for a while, but then it came into my life six years ago and is here forever. 

I had another piece of love come into my life, I protected it with my all, and it got ripped away from me in seconds.

I sit here and look at a photo of my Aurelia Rose. She's been gone a month. We've gotten nothing. No notes, message, pictures, nothing.

I've had everyone bust their asses off looking for her.

Me and Leone are both the head of our mafias now. Our fathers stepped down and gave it all to us.

We have every piece of power we need, but right now it feels like we have nothing. Thousands of men and women work under us and not a single one can find her. Not even Lauren, one of the smartest people I've ever know, someone who can hack into anything in seconds.

I just want something. They can't hide her forever. We know exactly who has her, but we don't know where she is and where they're hiding her. Veronika and Igor. Both twenty three and twins of Dimitri. My father wasn't kidding when he said I should watch out for his legacy.  

I sat down the picture of Aurelia and walked out her room. Closing the door, I bumped into a body and felt a liquid soak my shirt.

"Sorry boss." I heard a voice say. 

I sigh, "It's alright Mila." 

Mila Kumar, twenty four, gorgeous girl, one of the most toughest human beings I've ever met. I've seen the girl cut off a hand or two. Maybe more. She's grown on all of us. She started working with us three years ago and has grew on our little friend group. She will call all of us boss no matter what. 

The one person she refuses to call that is Emilio. Those two are worse than him and Gia, and Lauren, and Diamond, and me. Sometimes Liza too.

"Mila, what'd I tell you about calling me boss. Call me Aria, Ri, something!" I said helping her pick up her cup. 

"No can do boss, but I can tell you that this coffee was for you and we have some news. The big guy downstairs said he texted you." She said.

I looked confused, "Big guy?" I questioned. 

"Your husband." She said.

Oh.

-----------

We made our way downstairs. Perks of me and Leone building our dream home, we basically have a mini empire in our basement. Our house is huge so we made the basement huge. We have a room with a huge screen in the middle and then little rows of computers and every electronic you could imagine. It hold up to 400 people. 

Now, making things easier, we put a door down there so it leads to outside and also so we don't have people walking through our front door. It's also soundproof, so our house is as quiet as a mouse.

Walking into the room I see Leone standing behind Royce.

Royce Logan, twenty, looks scary, is scary, but also a ray of sunshine. 

Royce is not just great at fighting and using weapons but also has hacking background and is a great liar when we need it.

He came into our lives about a year and half ago.

I see Leone's face and its never changed since she's been gone. When she got taken that day, he was in a state of shock and his instant reaction was to comfort me. About three days in, I went to take a shower and turned the water on, then heard muffled sounds from outside the door. 

He was crying. I've only seen Leone cry a three times since we've been together. Around the time Elijah left us, our wedding day, and when we found out we were able to adopt Aurelia. When I heard his crying my heart broke into a million pieces. 

He was hurting so bad. His eyes are soft everyday and I haven't seen a smile out of him in a minute. He works himself to the bone everyday. No matter how hard I try to give him a break out of the basement, he won't budge. 

He says the same words to me everyday, "I won't stop until she is home and safe in my arms."

The sound of my heels clicking on the floor as I walk to them, and stand next to Leone. Giving me a kiss, he goes back a sniffs my hair.

"New shampoo?" He asked
I shake my head, "Coffee." I say and point to my shirt. He nods.

"Well what'd you find out?" I asked

"The last know location of Igor, but Veronika seems like she doesn't wanna come out of hiding." Royce says.

I nod. "Where was it?" Mila says. He zooms into the computer and asks Heather to place the coordinates on the screen.

"Here at a strip club last night. He came in at eight and left at twelve." Leone said

A strip club?

"Here's the catch, he's been going there everyday for the past week." Royce says.

"We think that if we can try and get there tonight, than we'll be able to get our first lead." Leone says.

Me and Mila nod. "So we're gonna need some help." Royce says.

I smile a little, "I have the perfect group of people to do so." I said.

Welcome to Retaliation;) it's gonna be a ride!!

Any questions? I can answer here

Wc:1050