Knowing you better

CHAPTER 7

Lisa’s POV

“Tree house?” I can’t read her face, she looks somehow not happy with what I did. I furrowed my brows and look at her confused. I look at the tree house I made, in my opinion it looks nice. I made it myself, well with a little help of Joseph for bringing the materials here. But overall It’s my work. I spent my weeks constructing this. I busied my self here whenever Jennie’s not around. And look it really looks nice.

“Uhuh, I thought about it since we both always comes here to hang out, and whenever it rains we don’t have roof to shelter with. So tada! We have a house of our own” I proudly said while grinning, Jennie was just watching me with her mouth slightly open “Why? You don’t like it?” A hint of pain was slightly visible on my tone.

“Of course I like it!” she depended “I just can’t believe it” She scan the tree house, It wasn’t high at all so it will be easy for us to climb up or down “who made this?” she ask while pointing at it.

“I am” I grinned, feeling proud of what I accomplished.

“Really?” she looked at me and the tree house back and forth “you did? But how?” My smile fell and I look at her hurt

“are you degrading me Jennie? Me? As in me? You’re degrading Lisa Leander?” I’m acting hurt and she just chuckled

“You’re overacting” she rolled her eyes while chuckling. She left me and entered our tree house “Wow..” she mumbled to her self.
“Welcome” I bowed to her and she chuckled at my antics. I think she’s loving it.

“You really prepared huh” she smirks

“Of course” I returned the smirk. I design the inside and put our pictures at the wall, but it was just 11 pictures of us since we don’t take pictures much often. But soon, hopefully we covered the whole wall of our pictures, that will look so beautiful. I also bought two bean bags for us so sit of lie down, also a cooler that is full of snacks so we don’t get hungry. And a generator for emergency purposes or a sudden movie marathon. I got us a chips and drinks from the cooler. 

“Ooh.. chips” she snatch the chips from my hands.

“Easy there” we both chuckled

“do you know that I can eat chips without making a noise?” she squint her eyes, I furrowed my brows

“You what?” I think I can also do that, is that a talent or what?

“Do I need to translate it in different language?” I laugh, I heard her the first time. We settled ourselves to our bean bags.

“okay, prove it” I challenged her. She got a piece of chip and put it in her mouth, moments of us not making any noise and then I heard a sudden noise from her mouth ‘kirkkk’ and that’s it! I didn’t hold back and laugh at her.

“What did you say?” I laugh again and she was just looking at me serious “You can eat chips without a noise?” her cheeks turned red and lowered down her head, embarrass of what she did.

“stop it!” but I can’t. can’t stop laughing at her, she looks so confident earlier.

“I can’t make a noi- ouch!” I tried to mimick her but she smacks my arm. That hurts but I still cannot stop laughing. She looks at me dead serious, and that shit gave me chills. “Okay okay” I raised my hands as a sign of surrender. But my smile didn’t leave my lips. I just got my phone from my pocket and connected it to my speaker that I brought here, and I played Falling by Harry Styles.

I lied down at my bean bag and stared at the ceiling. The song suits on what I might feel right now, because I’m falling again without assurance that she might want me back. I hum together with the song.

“I’m falling again, I’m falling again, I’m fallin~” I sinng the song not pretty loud.

“Harry style?” I look at my side, and met her eyes.

“Uh huh” she bob her head and returned her eyes on the ceiling. And I remained my stare at her. She really looks beautiful no matter what the angle is.

“Who’s your favorite artist?” her eyes remained on the ceiling and I got the opportunity to stare at her face for quite long.

“on the top of my list would be Billie Eilish, followed by Post Malone, Shawn Mendez, Khalid and many more” I even showed her my fingers counting she bob her head. “How bout you?” She looked at me, and faced her body to me making her head up with her hand as a support.

“It’s mostly the same with you just add Taylor Swift” I nodded my head and an idea pop up my mind.

“wait” I reached my phone and brows through my list of songs “I want you to listen to this” I played the ‘Take her to the moon for me’ by Moira dela Torre a local artist from the Philippines.

“Moira” oh, so she also knew her. I nodded at her “this is the first time I’m hearing this”

‘And take, take her to the moon for me
Take her like you promised me
Say you love her every time like
how you told me the last time

Someday I know we’ll meet again
In heaven by the rainbow’s end
And I only wish you happiness
Until we meet again

Wish I could stick around and fight back your tears
Tell you “my love, I’m still here”
Someday we’ll understand why I had to leave
But for now I need you to set me free’

“That was really emotional” she fake wiping her tears, and I chuckled. A little longer and song ended.

“So for the big question. What do you think the song is about?”

“Well.. I think it’s about someone letting you go” she said never leaving my eyes, I smiled at her answer.

“okay another question, why is there a need of letting go” I raised my right brows to her. She returned lying down at her bean bag.

“Well for one, for the happiness of the other. because if you really like the person you’ll do everything just to make her happy. even if letting her go can be a reason for that person to be happy”

“that’s the point, for the other to be happy. But how about you?” I know I’m starting an argument, but I wanna know her opinion about this topic.

“Of course you have to be happy for that person, if you really love that person you’ll respect her reasons. You maybe lacked and that maybe a reason for him to find someone else so, let him be with someone else.” she explained her side

“I think that’s bullshit” I shook my head “Why do people have to let go, if you can do something to keep him staying? You can always make it up to him, or changed” I argued back.

“Hey!” she snaps “Are we fighting over this?” she rolled her eyes and I chuckled.

“It’s not love, if only one is happy”

“Okay, okay” she can’t argue anymore, so I stopped. She might be annoyed if I continue “I have one question for you, since I answered all your questions. Promise me you'll answer” okay? Why does it have promising?

“Okay sure, I promise” I smiled and made myself comfortable.

“Who’s your ex?” My mouth went agape. She knows I have an ex? Who told her this? I furrowed my brows and looked at her “Lisa you promised!”

“Okay! It’s just, how did you know that?” She shrugged

“answer it” she insisted, okay looks like there’s no way out but to give her the satisfaction. I took a very deep breath before answering her.

“It’s kun.. Kun Castillo”

Ctto: Harry style - Falling & Moira dela Torre - Take her to the moon for me