02 | new students

CHAPTER TWO.
"NEW STUDENTS"

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

the sun beamed through the windows of the apartment and there was a morning argument happening at the 3rd floor in door 11.

"oh my gosh yeji, just put your hair up and let's go! we're already running late on our first day of school!" hyunjin shouted in frustration as he kept watch on the clock.

"chill out, you're acting like as if we're gonna die!" yeji shouted back from the bathroom that she was getting herself ready in.

niki was busy munching on cereal, without milk for some reason and hyunjin was having a complete mental breakdown about his sister taking way too long to get ready for school.

"it's alright, take your time yeji! i'm not mentally nor physically ready for this new public school we're gonna be attending." niki joined in on the argument that was happening between the other two.

"oh shut your mouth niki, you're not making this any better for any of us." hyunjin said, furrowing his eyebrows at the younger.

yeji came out of the bathroom, switching the light off on her way out, "gosh, this is so weird without our maids coming to help us dress up! i spent almost an hour trying to figure out what to wear."

hyunjin crossed his arms, "yeah and you spent almost another hour doing your stupid hair and makeup."

"listen, a girl gotta do what she gotta do to get a date, alright?!"

niki almost choked on his cereal after hearing his sister, "didn't you hear of the new rule? royals never love."

yeji frowned, "ah, right. we're not allowed to date anymore all thanks to hyunjin!" she said, pointing at the oldest who was confused.

"what, me?! what did i do!"

"you're the one who got heartbroken and wouldn't come out of his room for weeks straight which made father angry!"

the oldest rolled his eyes, "shut up. let's go, we're late!"

❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚ °

as the three stepped into the school building, all eyes immediately landed on them, which made hyunjin even more nervous than he was before. yeji walked in with full confidence, like she owned the school, and niki was just, niki.

hyunjin grabbed his sisters wrist, "you better not act like you own the damn school or else you wanna be seen in a hospital bed." he whispered before pushing her away.

"gosh, being a commoner won't be easier than i thought it would be." yeji mumbled to herself as she walked down the halls with every eye on her.

hyunjin and niki followed her as they also had every eye on them.

"is it just me or is every person literally staring at us right now?" niki whispered to hyunjin while looking at all the other students.

"do you think they recognize us?" yeji asks quietly, but she only received a small punch in the arm by the oldest.

"shut up yeji. and they can't recognize us, we're literally undercover!"

"undercover...how?"

"you usually look pretty, right? well you look 10x uglier than when we are in the palace." hyunjin insulted and niki couldn't help but let out a slight smile.

"hey, you called me pretty so i'll take that." yeji chuckled.

hyunjin grumbled, "whatever."

while the royals were trying to find the office, someone suddenly pushed into niki, which made the youngest push into the oldest. hyunjin turned around and caught his brother just in time before he would fall to the ground.

"niki?" hyunjin spoke, confused.

the youngest fixed his posture again, "sorry, some maniac kind of just ran into me." he said in an annoyed tone that made hyunjin laugh a bit.

"keep your cool, niki." the oldest replied while patting the youngest on the back.

the royals did end up eventually finding the principals office after walking for a few more minutes. they all walked in at the same time and noticed the strange look the principal gave yeji.

"ah, you guys are the new students here, correct?" the principal asks with a smile.

"yes, indeed we are." hyunjin replied.

"unfortunately." niki added on, mumbling, but he earned a glare from the other two siblings.

the principal looked through their student profiles for a bit, mostly focusing on yeji. he clicked his tongue and grabbed one of his file folders.

"here, these are your schedules. you guys are all put into separate classes because you're related so if you need any help navigating your way around this school, feel free to ask a teacher or any staff."

"oh okay, thank you." hyunjin said while grabbing the three schedules.

they soon left the principals office and once they were out, yeji immediately started rambling about him.

"did you guys see the way the principal looked at me? gosh! he disgusts me already and todays probably the last day i'll see him." she spoke with a quickness as they walked down the hall.

"don't worry, i'm very observant! and yes, that look he gave you was very...self-explanatory." niki responded as he looked at his schedule.

"eugh! i have math first, are you kidding me?!" he added on with a complaint.

"math? i have english first..." hyunjin said, sounding slightly disappointed.

"i have science." yeji lastly said with a frown.

hyunjin sighed loudly, "welp, i hope y'all find your classes fast...good luck!"

"huh? wait, hyunjin—!"

these royals were certainly gonna have a rough first day of school.