Chapter Eleven

.: Maestro's POV :.

"Y/N… " I whispered. 

Images of our untimely first meeting flash before my eyes, how intense my emotions were and how I was intent on scaring and pushing her away. I could still feel the wind as it stirred around us, the burning as my fingers threw pent up energy about the room.

I could see the look of fear within her eyes briefly, yet as quick as it came it was gone. To be replaced with an unnatural calm. Somehow I didn't seem to faze her. I was always able to scare people away, I had no clue as to why she was so brave.

Her eyes held a gentleness I have not seen in so long, the same look my dear Marie held.

The old saying goes is that everyone has a twin. I was beginning to wonder.

Images of Marie flash across the back of my mind, the feel of her arms could still be felt around me. The softness of her lips caressing mine for the final time. 

How I longed to have her back with me, back in my arms and be able to love her until the break of dawn.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat, my mouth quickly becoming dry, and my hands began to tremble. Feelings long since buried deep emerging by the moment, it felt wrong and yet so right just the same.

Marie was my true and forever love. I would be tarnishing her good name and our love if I should move on. Even across the years my love has been unwavering, my heart longed and yearned only for her. 

Y/N's eyes stared deeply into mine, and I was taken aback by her beauty. I had no idea she was so beautiful. 

I cradle her cheek in my hand, my thumb slowly moving across her bottom lip. Her skin was smooth and soft as silk. I was starting to wonder how they would feel against mine.

Forgive me, my dear Marie. I feel as if I have let you down. 

My eyes not once left Y/N's, as I felt myself moving closer to her. There was a stir deep within the darkest recesses of my heart, as it began to beat faster. I sighed and licked my lips, taking note of her reaction. 

Y/N trembled and I couldn't help but smile and have mercy upon her. She was a true beauty, and it amazed me more and more as the moments passed between us. 

But my thoughts replayed images of my dear Marie, and I sighed. My heart was being pulled in two different directions, despite how similar they both were, it felt like two separate paths. 

My love for Marie will forever remain, that much I was certain. And I know she would not want me to spend eternity alone. But I just couldn't forget what we shared. I can't picture myself without her.

Slowly, I moved towards her lips, feeling her warm breath fan over my own. The attraction was certainly there, her energy matched Marie's. The same warmth, the same presence.

Before I could comprehend my actions I closed the distance and carefully pressed my lips to Y/N's. She gasped at the contact and I sighed in return. It was as if I had kissed my lost love, the same energy was there, almost as if she had never left.

I could feel her tense briefly before leaning into our kiss, and a thrill raced down my spine. Marie, forgive me, my love.

As I pulled back I could feel Y/N whimper softly, and I already missed her warmth. But I couldn't just don't this, it was wrong.

But oh so right.

Leaning back against her lips I was met with another sigh, her small hands curling into my shirt. Her mouth was so soft, so sweet, much like the sweetest of wines and the softest silk. And I couldn't get enough.

"Y/N…" I breathed against her lips, my arms carefully wrapping around her smaller frame.

She squeaked softly and responded by leaning completely against my chest. I groaned in response as my hands cradled her tenderly.

Marie, if only you were here. Please forgive me.

My hand trailed to the back of her neck, burying within the soft strands of hair found there. The way she melded against me sent a thrill down my spine. I had not felt this way in decades, the only one to ever affect me in such a way was my beloved Marie.

As the seconds passed I could feel my restraint begin to waver and collapse around me. Her kiss was absolutely breathtaking and intoxicating. 

Pulling back to gaze into her heavy lidded eyes, I swallow hard in an attempt to gather myself and my thoughts.

Only to be pulled back into another kiss.

I sighed and let go fully and completely, allowing my soul to merge with hers. I could feel the icy cold wall around my heart begin to fade and be replaced with a warmth I had long since lost all faith in regaining again.

Y/N leaned against me slightly, causing me to fall back part way onto the couch, my arms wrapped about her waist on instinct. I could tell she was inexperienced, and yet I did not mind in the least.

But as more images of Marie fill my mind, I pull back from the kiss to catch my breath, before ultimately standing and flinging my back against the wall.

"Wait, Y/N."

She gazed at me with a deep flush upon her cheeks. "I'm sorry!"

I run my hand through my tousled locks and turn to look back at the flickering flames. In an attempt to compose myself I straightened my shirt, hands visibly trembling. 

"Michael, I-I'm so sorry!" She whispered, reaching out for my hand.

Gently pushing away, tears stung my eyes. I didn't know how to feel after all.

"It's not you, it's me. You don't have to apologize."

Y/N appeared shocked, and a little hurt at my actions. Oh, how I longed to take it farther. I just didn't want any harm to come upon her like Marie. Nor did I want her to see just what I really was.

To see the cursed man doomed to spend eternity alone.

A man unable to fully love another.

"Forgive me," I whispered through a wave of tears as I grabbed my cloak and disappeared into the night.