Chapter One : Tales of the Hero

Kodachi woke up with a jolt. She had awoken because of another nightmare. This was the third one this week and it was only Wednesday. She was confused on why she was having so many nightmares. It didn't make sense. The nightmares had only recently started. She had been dreaming about a male clad in a green tunic who was lost and couldn't find his way out of some dark place. "Could my dreams be about the whereabouts of the newest incarnate of the Hero of Time ? I don't understand it. Why would I be having dreams about the Hero ?" The Rito spoke as she sat up on her bed. Maybe I should go see my sister about this Kodachi pondered as she looked towards the window of her room. Kawa almost always seemed to know how to cheer her up. The female Rito climbed off of her bed and walked over to her door. She had decided she was gonna go visit her younger sister Kawa and finally tell her about the nightmares. Then maybe she'd feel a bit more at peace. She left her room and made her way to Kawa's room. She gently tapped on the door. "Who's there ?" Kawa's voice answered from the other side of the door. "It's Kodachi. I was wondering if I could talk to you for a little bit Sis." Kodachi answered in a soft voice. She watched as the door opened and Kawa motioned for her to enter the room. Kodachi stepped into the room and followed Kawa to her bed after the door was closed.
       "So what's eating at you ? I could tell by your voice that something's bothering you." Kawa asked as she sat on the edge of her bed. "Well.. I've been having nightmares. Ever since studying about the story of the Hero of Time and his many reincarnations I've been having nightmares. They almost felt like premonitions in a way. Visions that showed where the newest incarnate of the Hero was. He was in some dark place and couldn't get out. He seemed to be calling for help. I just don't understand why I'm the one getting these visions." Kodachi answered as she leaned against the bed. "So these visions you're having while asleep are bothering you. I wouldn't consider them to be nightmares Sis. Maybe there's a reason you're seeing what you're seeing in these dreams. Maybe the Hero needs help. Maybe you're the one destined to help him. Of course I'll be going along to help if that's the case. I can't have my big sister getting in over her head and then getting into some sort of trouble." Kawa remarked with a slight grin. "Well in these dreams the Hero seems to already be an adult. Maybe dark forces trapped him somewhere and that's why he needs help. In these dreams he seems to be trapped in a dark cave covered with crystals." Kodachi explained trying her best to remember her dreams or as she called them nightmares. "That sounds like the Luminous Caverns. Those are not too far away from here. We could easily fly there if we wanted." Kawa responded quickly. Kodachi nodded and walked over to the window. Kawa smiled as she saw her sister stretch her arms out. Looks like we get to fly and do something we haven't in a while , Kawa thought with a happy smile.
      "Let's do this." Kodachi spoke up as she jumped out the window and opened her arms which within the blink of an eye became wings. Kawa followed , leaping out the window as her arms became wings. The two sisters flew to a small island that was near their home island. Kawa dove down by a cave and landed. Her wings returned to being arms as she peered into the cave.
"Kodachi get down here. This is the Luminous Caverns. This is the place you were seeing in your dreams." Kawa spoke up as she stepped into the entrance of the cave. Kodachi landed down by her sister as her wings turned back into arms. "So this is the place ?" Kodachi asked as she glanced around the entrance of the cave. Kawa simply nodded and walked into the cave. Kodachi followed her sister , being a bit cautious at first since she hadn't been to the Luminous Caverns in a long time.