Six

hey i'm alive

***

John and Much fought off the advances without noticing Robin's downfall, yet. The soldiers just kept coming and kept advancing. It was an unrelenting process of fighting. John's trusty branch had snapped in half and he resorted to using the sword of a fallen guard.

That was when things went wrong. Very, very wrong. John watched it all happen in slow motion in front of him. Robin didn't look like he was that right after Genevieve had left. Of course he wasn't. He was in love with that woman, God curse him for it, John couldn't stand the girl, but not in a bad way, more like a rebellious sibling way.

He watched as Robin spaced out, causing a sword to pierce through his middle. "Robin!!!" Much screamed from behind John. He stood there, stunned. Was he dead? Not yet.

He had to do something. The large man took down the last of the soldiers and ran to where Robin had fallen. He didn't waste a second of time.

"Get him to Nottingham. Now!" He ordered and both him and much carried Robin the whole way there, not stopping for anything. The few people left with them followed closely behind. John checked his pulse, he felt a faint throbbing beneath his fingertips, he was still alive.

**

At the Nottingham castle, Linda and Genevieve stood at the watchtower. Genevieve had insisted that it wasn't about spotting Robin, just spotting danger, but Linda wouldn't believe her for a second.

They sat up there for hours, just talking about random things like women usually did, but then Linda stopped and went quiet. Genevieve was curious as to why she had abruptly stopped speaking. She was looking out of the small window.

"Linda? What is it?" Genevieve asked and followed her eyes. Linda glanced at her about to try and calm her down but she was already screaming.

"No!" She cried and Linda reached out to grab her but she was gone. She ran down the cobble steps and helped open the gates. She ran to John and Much, tears streaming her face.

"What happened?" She said with barely a whisper. She looked down at Robins pale figure and John shook his head.

"He's not dead. But he will be if we don't help him right now." John said and Much nodded. They rushed Robin to the infirmary and began working on his wound.

Genevieve couldn't do anything but just stand there. She was frozen in shock. This was her fault.

"It is all my fault." She thought to herself. It was true. She had brought him down, causing the battle to go horribly wrong and him to get hurt. She would never forgive herself if he didn't make it. She couldn't look as they worked on him so she looked away.

She left the room and paced for a while. She wouldn't leave the area. She jumped as someone left the room. John. He nodded with a smile. Robin was going to live to fight another day.

She smiled in relief and hugged him tightly.

"Can I go in?" She asked.

"Yes, in a moment, let him come to. I'm sure you're the first person he'll want to see when he wakes up." He said.

She nodded.

"And Guy?" John said questioningly.

"Locked up on Linda's watch. He isn't getting out of there any time soon, I promise you." She said with a small chuckle.

He nodded and she went inside the infirmary. She looked down at Robins sleeping figure and smiled softly.

His eyes opened and he glanced around before his eyes landed on her. He widened his eyes and smiled.

"Surprise."

**

a short filler chapter I know. but you guys love / hate me anyways 💁🏼