// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 //

hiraeth - part twenty

»»——⍟——««

       To say Y/n was stressed out and tense was the understatement of the century. At first, it had been a little rough when Chi-Chi showed up. Then the process of graduation had begun, and Y/n had been given her gown and hat, which were entirely black. And in the spring heatwave, Y/n could already feel how hot she'd be. Why they had to have the graduation outdoors instead of in their massive gym was beyond Y/n.

Then as Y/n was doing the final adjustments to her appearance, making sure Sharpner and Erasa's hard work didn't go to waste, somebody started beating down on the door to the private room she'd been given to prepare. Y/n groaned in annoyance, half wondering if it had been Goku, and he escaped Chi-Chi to find Y/n. But then again, if he were after her, he would have just instant transmissioned to Y/n's side. So perhaps it could've been Gohan, but the way they beat down the door suggested otherwise.

"Can I help you—" Y/n cut herself off as she stared, eyes wide, into a familiar pair of dark eyes. Before her was Videl, bandages across her nose as she glared down at Y/n. Behind Videl was her father, the famous world renowned hero, Mr. Satan. He looked just as, if not more angry than Videl.

"This is the girl?" Mr. Satan questioned, hands on his hips as he glared down at Y/n. Y/n swallowed thickly, having a bad feeling. Videl nodded, which made Mr. Satan scoff. "She looks tiny, are you sure?"

"I'm sure, dad. I'd remember the girl who broke my nose and my heart." Videl coldly glared into Y/n's eyes, making Y/n take a step back in both confusion and fear.

"Videl, what are you talking about?" Y/n asked. As she stepped back, she tried to close the door and only give them a small view of herself, but Videl pushed it open harshly, nearly ripping it from Y/n's hands.

"Don't play dumb, Y/n! You broke my nose!" Videl yelled, startling Y/n. Y/n clenched her fists, growing frustrated. She didn't have to put up with this. Videl surely wouldn't outright attack Y/n, right? Videl might've been selfish, and had started a fight, but she wouldn't hurt Y/n, right? They'd once been friends. As far as that fight had gone, Y/n had just gotten a harsh punch in the cheek. Y/n didn't imagine Videl would go any further, especially not today.

"I'm not playing dumb, and I don't have to stand here and listen to this. After you punched me, I fell unconscious. Stop spreading rumors about me and leave me alone." Y/n tried to slam the door on Videl, but Videl once again stopped the door. It was at this point that Y/n was having second thoughts about Videl. Y/n doubted Videl even noticed, but energy was rolling off Videl, as if she were about to explode.

"Dad, you go talk to Gohan. I'll deal with her." Videl said. Mr. Satan shrugged, giving Y/n an apologetic look as he smirked.

"Sorry, kid, we don't tolerate bullies." Mr. Satan said as he walked away. Y/n watched him with wide eyes, wondering if he was serious. Her attention was violently brought back to Videl as the angry girl reached out for Y/n, attempting to grab her. Y/n yelped, grabbing the door and slamming it closed as hard as she could. Leaning against it, she could hear Videl's angered yells as she slammed her fists against the metal door, leaving indents in it. The metal was quite thin, but watching Videl dent the door like that out of anger was enough to cause Y/n to hyperventilate. She grabbed a nearby metal chair, pushing it under the door handle to help keep it closed as Y/n looked around.

Panicked, Y/n tried to think of a way out of her situation. She couldn't spike her energy and call for help, she didn't have enough control over it. Even if she somehow got their attention, with Chi-Chi hounding the boys, there was no way they could get away to help. Not without facing some major consequences. Y/n's eyes landed on the only window in the room, which was open enough to let in a light breeze. Trying to calm herself and ignoring the weakening door, Y/n walked up to the window, opening it fully and sticking her head out. She almost immediately felt dizzy, her head swirling at the height. She was on the fourth floor of the school, and she would most certainly die if she fell.