01. every second counts

han jisung wasn't fragile

han jisung wasn't fragile. fragile wasn't the right way to describe him, and confident wasn't it either. he didn't know himself but something about the way he's lived life has made him the person he is now. he's aware of his surrondings more than he thought he'd be, and his life didn't became his own. there were two but then one and back to two. 

jisung didn't serve one plate for dinner, jisung didn't go to sleep so early, jisung didn't work for himself, he learned to work for his family. for his daughter. 

yes, han jisung had a daughter. his daughter. the daughter he gave birth to and raised all by himself, and it wasn't like the father left her. he left him, but not his daughter. 

jisung was 19 when he had little jimin, and her father loves her, but the parents don't have the same feelings they did when they were younger. or at least, jisung doesn't have the same old feelings he once had for his ex boyfriend. they still talk and hangout just so their daughter will have her family moments with her two parents despite living in different homes. 

as you would have guessed, everything that happened was an accident. it wasn't a mistake, just an accident that turned into a beautiful creation. jisung doesn't want to consider it an accident because that just sounds cruel to call his only daughter a accident, but it sadly was, and he didn't want to think about it that way. 

it's two years later that jisung has finally moved out from his mother's place and into a neat clean apartment for his life and his daughter's life. jisung waited for the elevator to come down and as he waited he put down his two year old jimin who was currently sitting on her car seat he had taken down with him after given a ride from his mother. jisung was a bit sad his mother wasn't able to see his new apartment due to work but she did promise she'd stop by later, which he knew she would, knowing how much she adores little jimin. 

jisung sighed in relief when the elevator finally opened, but what he wasn't expecting to happen or to see or to find was a good old friend of his standing there, dressed nicely with someone by his side. and when i say "good old friend" i mean his very ex boyfriend. well, ex-ex, i guess. 

lee minho was han jisung's boyfriend when they were in middle school, and they were together until their second year of high school, when minho had to transfer schools due to his grandparents passing away and needing to go back living with his parents. there was untold past to that, and we'll get to that later. 

jisung's stomach turns and he feels sick to his stomach when he can the smell the old familiar pheromones hitting his nostrils. the minty-peppermint pheromones that jisung so much loved to smell the second his eyes had open, he was always greeted with a fresh smell every morning that he felt like he didn't need to wash up if he'd be with him. with minho. together. like they've promised each other. but they were young teenagers in hopes of finding the one, exactly that, young teenagers who believed in eternal love. but eternal was never something for humans, and if it was eternal, that meant forever bonded together. you see, you had two choices, living in a forever, and believing in a forever.