꧁ seventeen

➶➶➶➶➶

"Your mom raised you as a prince
But this is Queendom, right?"

- tomboy, gidle

Hey Seo, do you think maybe its time to call it a night?" Doyeon asked the girl, sparking a yawn right after

"Nah I'm good. You go on home though, I just wanna finish up attaching this piece." Seohyun's voice came from under her new car that was jacked above her. There was a series of empty coffee cups and energy drinks littered on the floor along with a few tools and scrap pieces the girl had laying around.

It was currently 4:37 am. The two girls were in Doyeon's home garage where Seohyun was able to set up a mini workshop to work on her new ride. Though the space was cramped, it had what she needed in order to get the job done.

However, to be able to work on this, there were a few times where Seohyun had to sneak into her father's work shop to take a few tools and scrap pieces she knew that he wouldn't notice were missing.
The girl had been making record progress with her new project, having already replaced many parts that were in definite need of change as well as adding a few stylistic details. It was finally coming together, and soon it would be finished and perfect for the upcoming "127 Drive" Competition.

It had been two weeks since she had made the final purchase for her Kia Stinger, and as a true car junkie, she can truly say that these have been the best two weeks of her life. Before the incident with her father, she would spend hours dreaming about the day she would be able to modify and deck out her own car. That time was finally here.

Doyeon shrugged in defeat and just let her do her thing, bidding her a tired 'goodnight' before she went inside to get ready for bed. Seohyun finished tightening up the last bolt and allowed herself to roll out from under the car, gracefully slamming herself into the garage door she forgot was there.

"What the fU-" she closed her eyes, holding her foot in pain. "Ugh I'm so done with this place already." It wasn't hard for her to admit that she  missed her father's workshop. It had everything she needed and more.  She felt guilty knowing she had to break into the shop in order to get the materials she needed. She wished the feud between her and her father would end. But of course that won't happen until he can understand and accept the fact that his daughter is a racer. Until then, she looked forward for the next few weeks she would be crashing at Doyeon's.

After wiping her hands of the dirt and grease, she took a step back to admire her masterpiece. All it needed now was a paint job. The original white finish was chipped off in some places where the car was crashed into and never fixed. Seohyun had managed to replace that part with a new one but that just left the car with a stray black part that completely threw off the look.

The girl sighed, allowing herself to finally relax for the first time in a few hours. The energy drinks were beginning to wear off and she decided it was time to call it a night.

After showering and getting a small snack, she made her way to Doyeon's guest bedroom which had temporarily become her bedroom for the mean time and climbed into bed. It wasn't long before she was out like a light.

"Woah you look gross." 

Oh how Seohyun adored Jaemin's blunt and unfiltered comments every morning. "Yeah im trying out this new look, its called 'Dead but alive'" she replied sarcastically and kept walking towards her first period class, Jaemin followed behind her.

"Rough night?" Jeno asked, noticing the two girls who looked like they hadn't gotten a good nights sleep in a week, which actually the case. Doyeon groaned, holding her head in her hands.
"I've never seen someone drink three red-bulls in the span of 3 hours and not go into a caffeine induced coma."

"You drank three red-bulls yesterday?" Renjun turned his head to Seohyun who was struggling to even open her eyes. "I had five actually." She mumbled receiving an even more shocked look from everyone. "This going to be an even bigger crash than the one we saw last year at the track." Jeno added.

"The one where both cars caught fire?" Jisung perked up at his remark. "Yep"

"How much do you have left until you finish the car Seo?" Chenle asked, not expecting to receive a response seeing as she already looked to have passed out on the desk.

"Just a paint job"

"Thats great! You're almost done"

"No its not"

"Why?" The others questioned.

"Because I have nowhere to get it done!" She huffed. "Theres no other mechanic shop that can do it for me so last minute and my dad definitely isn't going to help me at all so I'm screwed, and the competition is in five days! The car needs at least two days to completely dry." She dropped her head into her arms in defeat realizing the severity of her situation.

"I could take it for you."

Her head jolted up at his words. She made eye contact with him and raised a brow. "How?"

"I'll take the car to your dad's shop as if it was my own and I'll ask for a paint job like a regular customer." Donghyuck explained simply.

"It won't work though, he knows who you are from the last time he saw you race." He shrugged. "Who cares, why would he turn down a paying customer?"

Seohyun was hesitant but it was the only option on the table right now. "Ok fine. But if he starts to become difficult let me know and I'll talk to him." She said accepting the boy's offer.

She honestly couldn't imagine how this would all play out. Would her dad really reject Donghyuck simply because she knows him?

 Would her dad really reject Donghyuck simply because she knows him?

Im back😳

Sorry for dying again.