Thirty-five

Two weeks went by remarkably fast, much to Maia's disappointment. It was Sunday morning, nothing of her things were still in the apartment as she had brought back her instrument and her bags back to the flat yeterday already.

Maia was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, enjoying the feeling of the soft blanket and sheets on her naked body as she stretched a little bit.

She never had slept without pajamas so often.

She turned to her left side to take in the view of London in front of her. It was cloudy and foggy, the skyscrapers around her were just visible by their outlines. It had gotten very cold again the last few days.

The door to the bedroom opened and Maia heard how Timothée tapped in. He was only in his long pajama pants, placing a small bottle of water on the nightstand, a second later crawling to her on the bed on hands and knees which made Maia turn on her back again.

"I didn't want you to get up.", she chuckled softly and took his face in both hands to kiss him, "Even for just getting water."

Timothée laid down on her, making her huff out a heavy breath with a laugh.

"That's why I came back.", he grinned, nuzzling his nose with hers, "Don't I get any appreciation for this?"

Maia's index finger slowly drew down his lower lip, letting it bounce back into its position as her hand sank back on her chest.

"I miss you already, Timmy.", she whispered longingly and her face changed a bit as her eyes saddened.

"I miss you too.", Timothée said with a low smile and then hid his face in the blanket, Maia starting to gently play with his hair.

He started to search for the end of the blanket but Maia pressed her hands down on it.

"Who said I'd let you under here again once you dare to get up?", she teased.

Timothée laughed and kept searching until he found a gap to slip under the blanket to her again, Maia still trying to defend her spot. A laugh burst out of her as she realised she's about to lose, a moment later he got hold of both of her hands, sitting down on her legs.

Still holding pressure against him though, Maia let him push down her hands slowly until he leaned down too to kiss her again.

"I said it?", he breathed a smirk.

"You just managed this because I let you.", Maia gave his top lip a lick, then grinning back at him.

Teasing her with brushing his lips slowly over hers, Timothée formed his mouth in a knowing open smile as he felt how Maia tried to stretch for another kiss.

"Of course, I know.", he chuckled, rolled off her and laid down next to her, waiting until she had snuggled up as close as possible before he wrapped his arms around her to keep her right there.

"Those two weeks went by too fast...", he heard Maia's muffled voice.

Timothée felt how she moved her head a bit to look at him.

"Do you really have to go today?", she whispered.

Timothée kissed her forehead and sighed. He thought for a second.

"I do, Maia...", he said and then wriggled himself a bit into a position to be able to look at her better, "But I want to ask you something."

Maia frowned curiously, supporting herself on her elbow.

"When does your semester end?", Timothée asked.

"I don't know, after the upcoming exams I'm probably done around first or second March.", Maia answered and smiled at him a bit confused, "Why?"