Chapter 11

Emma POV:

I stood still staring off into my own thoughts. "How is this possible he was in Nashville  and now he is here. No it can't be the same guy. " talking to my self. I felt  Sage nudge me and I came out if my thoughts. "Are you good" Sage asked. "Yea I'm good" I said trying to not act crazy.  I took a seat at the table by Sage as her mom came over with a dish full of speghetti. Her mom served us both and the served her self and husband. We held hands and said grace before digging in.

"Sage who is your friend" Sage's father asked. "This is Emma I met her at the music camp the other day" Sage said answering her father. " nice to meet you Emma. I'm Ethan Sage's father ." Ethan said smiling.  I gave him a half smile continue eating and trying to hide the fact he was making me nervous. We soon finished dinner. I took my plate over to the counter as I fallowed Sage. "Want to meet me in my room. I got to feed my cat real quick" Sage said happily as she skipped off to another room to give her kitty some food and fresh water. Her mom worked on doing the dishes.  I headed to the stairs to head up to her room. Ethan stoped me "I know who you are and I know you remember me from Nashville. I'm glad we met again. By the way mom wanted me tell you that you were a mistake and she never ever loved you" he said with a smirk chuckling as he walked to the living room to watch the tv.  I ran up the stairs quickly and into Sage's room. I sat on her bed taking a big breath in and letting it out slowly trying to lessen up my anxiety. Something about Ethan makes anxious and gave me  that the he's going to hurt me kind of vibe. I haven't had that vibe for a long time, maybe since I was adopted by Lance and Kim. A tear ran down my cheek thinking
about them and how amazing parents they are. I wipped my tears away quick before Sage saw.

"What do you want to do? We can watch a movie or paint our nails" Sage rattling off options. "I don't care you can choose" I said messing with my fingers. We watched a movie first. We chose to watch Camp Rock. After we watched the movie Sage grabbed the nail polish bottles. We painted our nails as we giggled, telling each other stories. I painted my nails blush pink and Sage painted hers purple. We let them dry.  We had a dance party as we danced to our favorite songs. We got a little wild as Sage started to jump on the bed. I climbed up jumping with her. We got down quick before her mom caught us.

"Alright girls you have 10 minutes before it's time to settle down for bed" Sage's mom giving us a warning. We got into our pajamas about to climb into bed. I saw Ethan looking at me giving me a wink and mouthing worthless as he walked off into another room hearing the door close seconds later. " can I call my mom and dad to come get me? I'm feeling home sick" I asked. " of course honey" she said grabbing the house phone and handing it to me

I walked down the hall to where it was private and away from Sage and her mom I dialed my home phone number. I listen to it ring "hello Schnacky residence" Noah answered. " Noah is mom or dad there" I said in a shakey voice. "No they went to thier friends house for dinner. What's wrong kiddo" he said. "Can you come get me?" I asked as I started to cry. "Of course I be there in a few minutes." He said as I hung up the phone. I wipped my tears. I packed up my things. "What are you doing I thought your going to sleep over? Did I do something?" Asked Sage. I shook my head "no I just don't feel comfortable being away from my family" I told her making sure she doesn't think she did something wrong when really it was he father who made it uncomfortable for me to be here.

Noah showed up. I ran down stairs giving him a big hug. " thanks you Sage for having me" I said waving goodbye. Noah picked me up since I was barefoot. I wrapped my legs around him holding on to him tight as he carried me to the car. I climbed in the back seat buckling up. I curled up in the back seat using my coat for a blanket.  Noah looked in the rear view mirror at me "Sooo" he said tapping the steering wheel. I looked up at him teary eyed. He looked at me "come on you can tell me" he said looking back at the road as he drove. "I felt sick... I had fun but kept missing you guys and it made me feel horrible"I said quietly knowing he can still hear me. Noah looked at me with sympathetic look. "It's okay to feel home sick. You haven't really spent the night away from us before" he said trying to reassure me that it's okay. I sat quietly looking out the window. "Sage's dad is the same guy that was fallowing us in Nashville. He said he was my biological brother" I took a little bit to look up to see Noah reaction. "Was that also the reason why you wanted to come home" he asked. I nodded "i don't like him. He had a weird vibe that makes me very uncomfortable" I said. My family knew how I felt about my bio mom and all the stuff she done to me in the past when I was really little.

Noah pulled into the driveway. He opened my door and carried me in side. Setting me down right when we got inside. I went up stairs to my room putting my bag up. I went down the hall to Allie room. She was sitting in bed writing in her journal. She saw me and patted the bed next to her. "Wana sleep here tonight" she asked. I nodded climbing into her bed. After meeting Ethan tonight I didn't want to be alone.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A long waited chapter. It felt good to write again and it was fun.
I'm always open for suggestions. I can't decide if I want to go deeper into her brother scinario or move on to a heart felt direction.

Anyways thanks for sticking with me