Chapter 6

*Liams POV*

I was talking to Louis in the kitchen about strategy plans for asking Ruth out.

“Well you have to make sure she’s single first mate.” He told me reaching for a water bottle.

 I nodded my head before snapping it back up. “Morgan would know that right? Since they are siblings and all.”

 Louis was about to say something but our attention was pulled to pounding on the front door and Ed screaming, “WHERE’S LIAM?”

I thought I heard Zayn try to say something but the next thing I knew was I was on the ground with a throbbing nose and Ruth screaming at Ed.

What had just happened? I reached for my nose instinctively. I felt something warm coming out of it. Dang I was bleeding.

“What are you doing with Liam?” Ed flat out asked Ruth. What? What is he talking about? We never did anything!

“What are you talking about Ed?” Ruth asked speaking my thoughts. It’s meant to be. No I need to snap out of it. What’s going on?

“Harry told me that I should watch out for Liam. I want to trust my own damn girlfriend but when you’re best mate is telling you things like that about one of his best mates you have to wonder.” Ed shouted at Ruth.

She didn’t deserve-Wait back up. What about Harry?

“No, Ed, you misunderstood. I didn’t mean to say that alright?” Harry interrupted. Everyone was in the kitchen now.

We all turned towards the front door as it opened again.

“Hey guys! Lou I got your text can we go now…” Eleanor shouted coming into the kitchen. She stopped dead in her tracks.

“El this is a bad time.” Louis started to say.

“No I get it. Listen how about you guys work out whatever is going on in here and me and the girls will go into the other room. Alright?” El suggested and the girls left.

“Wait! Ruth, she stays.” Ed grabbed her wrist. Once he let go I saw her rubbed them like they hurt. He had hurt her. I would never hurt her. What am I saying she has a boyfriend? I let out a sigh and stood up. Ruth stood uncomfortably next to Ed. Louis and Harry sat on some stools. Zayn was just standing there in the corner. Niall was awkwardly eating something. I just stood there in front of Ed.

“I never did anything to her. We just hung out as friends.” I explained whispering the last words. They tasted awful to say.

“I only love you Ed. Why can’t you trust me I’m your girlfriend? Harry was mistaken. I don’t even know what he meant. Please just calm down and let’s go somewhere, ok?” Ruth piped in giving Harry a death glare when she said his name. He shied away.

“Listen Ed I am sorry. Ruth’s right it was a misunderstanding my mind was somewhere else when I had said that ok. Ruth, Ed, Liam I hope you all forgive me.” Harry pleaded. I nodded still holding my nose and Ruth and Ed seemed to agree.

“Let’s go somewhere babe. Come on.” Ruth whispered leading Ed out of the room and out of the house.

“We should get your nose checked out man.” Zayn finally spoke coming over. Niall had gone to get the girls with Louis and it was only me, him and Harry still. “God Harry you fucked up big time!” Zayn added looking at Harry.

“I know man but I mean it was a mistake.” He said patting my back and heading off to go find the girls.

“You really like her don’t you?” Zayn asked once he had left.