💧💜 CaitVi

Characters: Caitlyn, Vi

Side Appearances: None

Setting: their bedroom

Warnings: Vi has a break down, and Caitlyn comforts her

-

Caitlyn pulls Vi into her chest. Tears and snot press into the fabric. Lithe fingers tangle into shaven locks, thick arms lock around ribs. Caitlyn lets her sob.

Vi had a big day, a big opportunity at work. She was given the chance to speak to her sister. However, the Warden told her she couldnt. Made her leave, and almost reported her for misconduct.

Caitlyn wouldnt have taken the report regardless of marriage status. She doesnt believe family members should be able to be involved in the law, but she also doesnt believe its ok for Wardens to reject Sheriff documents without reading them due to familial ties.

The paperwork gave Jinx visitation rights, and Vi was to be allowed to be a visitor. Thats all. Nothing beyond. No police duty, no more prisoner restrictions. It was a small freedom that Jinx has earned. Taking her meds, therapy, shes ready. Shes been ready to see Vi for long enough, and Vis been ready to see Jinx.

Caitlyn presses her lips against her hair, breathing slow and deep so Vi doesnt hyperventilate. The short hairs tickle her nose, but she doesnt let it bother her.

Caitlyn feels each sob and tear against her chest, feels the pain and agony. She cant relate, could never imagine, but she will support however she can.

Fingers trial from hair to spine, back to hair. Slow, steady, gentle. Up with inhale, down with exhale, letting her chest influence Vis.

When Vi starts to settle, Caitlyn grabs a few water bottles so she has something to wake up to.

-

Vi falls asleep like this, exhausting herself, nearly throwing up a few times. Caitlyn calms her each time, kissing her cheek or shoulder, making sure she know she was there, in bed. She would ask Vi to remember the scent of her shampoo, associate it with home, and recenter. Remind her to breathe, would help her blow her nose, then clean her face little by little.

Caitlyn took off her sweater after Vi fell asleep, the wide strap tank top offering enough support she doesnt feel the need to leave their bed again. She spoons her this time, hugging the wider body to hers, crossing her arms over Vis bruised forearms.

The position helps when Vi wakes when she has moments like these, and Caitlyn is more than willing to accommodate. In the beginning she had worried she was hurting her arms. However, Vi has reassured her it makes her feel safe, so Caitlyn does it.