M

How could his life end like this, the signs were there. If only he would have taken heed. If only he didn't take the short way out. If only he chose to love himself and those around him. If only he would have lived life with resilience....

Two years prior

"Mikey, this food is delicious. Where did you get it?" The food loving boy asked.

"Oh, I actually made it. I have been getting into cooking more and I am glad you like it, Thadius." Thadius licked his spoon and flung it towards the kitchen sink. The spoon quickly went around the rim of it and then fell on the floor.

"If only your food could give me shooting skills." Mikey laughed at Thadius as he went to pick up the spoon. "No amount of food will ever give you skills". Thadius scrunched his face at Mikey, almost as if his joke really pierced him.

" Well you know what, your food is trash anyways. I was just lying to make you feel good, but since we're being honest and you think I am so garbage, your noodles were under cooked and your meat was bland." Mikey smirked at his short fused friend. He couldn't help but laugh at how Thadius was trying so hard to hurt his feelings.

"What are you laughing about! There's nothing to laugh at! Are you laughing at me!?" Mikey's smirk started to wear off, because he realized this was deeper than his spaghetti.

"Did something happen at your basketball practice?" Mikey asked with sheer concern for his friend.

"What does that crap matter to you, you're always doing your studies and you never seem to poke your head up for me or for any of your other damn friends."

Mikey was hurt, how could Thadius say that. He has been nothing but a good friend to Thadius and it wasn't his fault that Thadius was a bad basketball player and on top of that had bad grades.

"The only reason you called me here was to try your stupid food and guess what! I came! I didn't come because I wanted free food. I came because I wanted to support you. I have always been supportive of you, but for some reason you can't give that back. You selfish bastard!"

Mikey felt as if the ugly words and anger spewing from Thadius' mouth was partly true, but also came from another place that had nothing to do with him.

"Look Thadius, I never meant to hurt you. I just get very busy and you know that." Mikey looked reassuringly at his friend.
"Yeah, but never too busy to shove something you like down other people's throats." Mikey got pissed at that point.

"You know what you can leave, but where will you go Thadius. Back to your girlfriend's home!? All because you blew your money and your job. Thadius, you are nothing but a lazy bum and for you to come for me the way you do... That's why you're wearing clothes with holes in them. You're always victimizing yourself!"

Thadius gave Mikey a cold look and the next thing he said made Mikey collapse inside. " Well atleast I don't use other people's deficits to lift myself up." Thadius looked Mikey up and down, right before leaving.

Not only did he leave a hurt Mikey, but a shattered friendship. "You know what then, maybe you deserve to be on the streets." Mikey said under his breath.