Chapter Three

Hi guys!!! Sorry I kinda abandoned you for a while there...had extreme writer's block, so it was a bit hard to write this chapter!!!! I hope you comment, I need some feedback!!!!! :) well, I don't want to keep you waiting.....

Chapter Three:

I sat at my desk gazing longingly at the beautiful creature beside me. Hailey Michaels was quite the catch! She had long, chestnut brown hair, with bangs that were constantly getting in her big, blue eyes. She was pale, and as dainty as a rose, as fragile as china.....and probably as sweet as cupcakes....I let my eyes wander to her little white neck. With those thin blue and purple veins zig-zagging around the sides, and that one big artery on the left of.....

"Chris?" the teacher called my name and I looked up nervously. "What do YOU think is the correct answer?" All heads turned to me expectantly. Sh...oot. I looked around desperately, trying to find some clue as to what she had been talking about for the past 20 minutes.

"Uh....ummmm....I uh...." I stuttered, trying to find some way out of this mess. I turned towards Hailey, but she was writing furiously like a student trying to get all the notes down when the teacher is talking really fast. I turned back to the teacher with scared eyes. I'm doomed.

"Chris?" She questioned, still awaiting an answer to her question. I heard Hailey "cough," but I knew it was a fake cough; she wasn't very good at it. I turned to her, hopeful,and I was immediately relieved at what I saw.

She was slightly tilted backward, and had a paper turned towards me that was supposedly "slipping" off the desk. I glanced at the paper and saw the answer right there in her cute, curlique handwriting.

I cleared my throat and began: "Well, I think I agree with Thomas Henry's theory, because he provided more proof that...that..." I strained my eyes to see the rest of the answer on her paper without making it seem too obvious, "that, um, that it was actually a crash." I stated with an unsteady voice, praying that she accepted my answer.

She seemed satisfied with my answer, but definitely a bit suspicious of Hailey's mini "happy dance" after I finished reading her answer. I chuckled quietly, only she would do that.

I was still smiling as I was leaving the classroom, and Hailey passed by me and said: "I was really impressed with your answer..." All the while repeatedly winking at me. I laughed out loud.

"What's so funny?" she asked, confusion written all over her face. I continued laughing and could barely breathe, she was just too cute.

"Seriously, what's so funny?" She repeated.

"...Y-you..." I managed to choke out between fits of laughter.

"Hey! Am not!" I smiled at her childish behavior and decided to go along with it.

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

We started hitting each other playfully and we were still laughing when the lunch bell rang.

"Hey, I have to go tutor." She said, pouting. "But...I need to give you my number..."

I smiled as she wrote her number on my arm. She made me promise to call her, and I had to assure her I wouldn't forget.

I was still smiling when I came home from school.

I sit on my bed and think about Hailey. Im really starting to like her, and...I think she might like me too...but...it's just too dangerous for her. I'm a monster! She doesn't deserve to be with me! And if I get too close to her, I might not be able to control myself...then I'll have to move away again, before the whole town figures out I'm a vampire, and kills me... But then again, it'd be pretty hard for them to kill me... It's not like in the stories where vampires can't go in the sunlight, it's just that we sunburn easily and really prefer the dark. Vampires are invincible! Well, at least that's what I thought until HE taught me the one way to kill a vampire... But, thats not possible anymore..I mean, all my relatives were killed....

Except...except HIM...

Except my father.