CHAPTER 2: Guiding Hand

Hollow had explored a bit more of the area Spot lead her too.

She was trying to investigate a strange symbol he had put on the map...but couldn't figure out a way to it.

In theory, she needed to head more upwards. But how could she do that...?

She brainstormed as she wandered, killing anything which happened to attack her.

But after a bit more wandering...

Hollow found a very rocky wall, which lead to another alcove high above.

Hollow began to attempt to climb the wall, and eventually did so!

She had found a way to climb up! And was now back on track to the strange symbol...

As she kept up her journey...she noticed the surroundings change.

The areas walked by the citizens were all fancy, well kept, paved.

The forgotten roads that her, Spot, and supposedly others took. Were lacking in any proper markers, only trails formed from some kinda ancient foot traffic.

But this area was different...there were buildings here.

They weren't well kept per say, but they were here.

She inspected them, trying to figure out why they happened to be here at all.

But as she looked around...she heard clanking.

Hollow wandered about, trying to look for the source.

And it didn't take too long to locate.

A smaller person, even more so than Hollow, was trying to dig into a wall with a pickaxe.

Hollow walked up to them...and tapped their shoulder.

"Huh?" The kid said as it turned around.

Its mask was covered in dirt...and was cracked. They were wearing a little mining outfit...

"Oh! Heya!"

Hollow pointed at the tunnel.

"Oh? This! Im tryna find some treasure!!! My daddy said theres some here!"

The kid chuckled.

"Im Mia!"

Hollow didn't make any movements at the name.

"Anyway! Back to my quest! See ya later stranger!"

Hollow quickly pulled up their map as Mia began to turn away, pointing to the strange symbol.

"Ohhh!!! I know where that is! Its not too far...but be careful...something really scary lives there..."

Hollow pointed at themselves, Mia, then the symbol.

"ya want me to lead you?"

Hollow nodded several times.

"ehhh...okay!!!" Mia said while laughing and began to lead Hollow though the abandoned city.

"Man...I hope some of my friends start to come out and play again..."

Hollow looked down at Mia as they start to speak to themselves.

"Actually...when is dinner? Mom and Dad haven't come to check on me in a while..."

Mia looked back at Hollow.

"But its okay!!!"

Mia giggled and continued to walk.

The two made it to damaged gate, leading to a large mansion.