𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

A/N: most of this chapter is based off of a dream I had-

"It still doesn't feel right that I'm gonna be gone for that long." Connor and Laurie were enjoying their last night together before Connor would have to leave for Football camp that would be multiple hours away, and last for over two weeks. 

"It's only few weeks, you'll be having fun and it'll be over before you know it. You gotta enjoy it." said Laurie with a soft smile. 

"Yeah, I'll just miss you a lot." Connor shrugged. 

"Yeah, you will." Laurie winked. Connor chuckled and ruffled her hair to which she swatted him away. 

"How much will you miss me?" Connor grinned playfully, tickling Laurie's sides. "Scale of one to ten?"

"Five!" Laurie laughed, jokingly.

"Wrong answer, Slick!" Connor laughed and grabbed ahold of Laurie, carrying her into the shallow ends and dunking her under the water. She shrieked and the both of them laughed with joy. 
The sun was setting into its vibrant colors and Laurie and Connor had spent half the day at the lake, laying on the warm sand, splashing in the cool of the water. 
Now the two were walking back down the street, hand in hand as the sky melted into oranges, pinks, reds, and vibrant saturated colors. 

"I'll write you tons of old-fashioned love letters, since phones aren't allowed." Laurie stated. 

"You will?" Connor smiled. Laurie walked up on the stone wall along the sidewalk that couldn't have been more than three feet tall as she held Connor's hand who stood on the regular sidewalk, balancing as the two walked.

"Yeah. I'll even sign it with that cliche lipstick stain and perfume." joked Laurie with a grin. 

"I'm homesick already." Connor smiled up at the girl whose hair flowed freely in the light summer breeze. Laurie jumped down from the ledge and join Connor on the sidewalk. "I'll write you back, we can be a cheesy old-fashioned couple." Connor smiled. 

"You better." Laurie nudged him playfully. 

"So," Connor glanced over. "How much will you really miss me? Scale of one to ten? Ten being the most." 

"Hmm." Laurie pretended to think hard. "Four and a half." She grinned. 

"Laurieee." Connor whined. 

"Five and a half?" Laurie joked, running forward. 

"I'm not gonna write you back!" Connor laughed, chasing after her.

"You wouldn't dare." 

"You're right." 

----///----

"Are you going to sleep over?" A tired Connor asked Laurie as the two sat on his bed, a movie playing softly on his laptop in front of them. 

"Depends. What would your mom think?" Laurie asked. 

"You already know my mom loves you. Jamie likes you too. So does my dad, and he's not even here." Connor shrugged. "Stay over if you want. It's probably too late to walk home or anything anyways." Connor smiled. 

"Troy's gonna be pissed I didn't tell him earlier." Laurie sighed. Connor gave a small sigh as well.

"If you can't, that's okay-"