chapter 2

Jackson soon woke up to the sound of laughter. He groggily sat up to see puss, sitting on the bed talking to the doctor. He when he stretched and the drowsiness began to wear off, the doctor went to his desk and wrote something down on a piece of paper.

"Here, this is an address for a retirement home, Mama Luna is always looking for a new lap cat."

"Lap cat!?" both Jackson and puss in boots said in unison, puss being offended and Jackson being surprised that retirement homes exist for anthropomorphic cats, especially one that just fought a giant a few hours ago.

"I am no one's lap cat. I am Puss In Boots!" The cat says, putting on his iconic outfit before turning to me. "I see your up Señor, how was your rest?" Puss asked seductively, making the human blush.

Keeping his composer, Jackson responded, "eeh, could of been better, what about you, and how the hell are you still alive after being a mangled corpse a while ago?"

"Thats because I have one life left media naranja"

"The fuck you mean by that?"

The cat stared at him in shock while the boy gave him a confused look.

The doctor budded in, "youve never seen a fairytale creature?"

"Uh no, they don't exist" jackson replied, giving him an unamused face.

Puss, recovering from his initial shock, then starts speaking."Well señor, I am puss in boots, a fairy tale creature, as the doctor put it. There are many others like us, such as the giant I fought." He states, brushing dirt from his fur and getting off the bed, falling to the ground. "I know a land that has a variety of people from fairytales, just like me. How about I take you on an adventure and show you how vast this world with me." Puss said, holding his hand out for jackson to grab. He then looked at puss' hand and back at his eyes, weighing the pros and cons of listening to a cat he just met.

"You know what? Fuck it, I'll take you up on your offer, but let me die and I'll haunt your ass." Jackson said, taking puss' hand.

"Excellent mi amigo, let me lead you off to where I go between adventures"

"The thieves market!" He announced, just arriving at the entrance of the place. It was bustling with people wearing masks, you could see people pickpocketing each other, selling apples for 10 dollars a piece, and overall scummy behavior for everyone involved. It smelled like dust and sweat, making jacksons nose scrunch up at the pungent smell

"how long do we have to be here for dude, it smells like shit here" jackson stated, scanning his surrounding and stands set up while walking through the area.

"Uno, until we find an adventure to go on, dos, you get use to the smell, tres, watch your profanity amigo" puss stated, slightly glaring at jackson as he said that last remark. Soon they get to a stand and puss hops on one of the chairs, jackson following his lead.

"Some leche con créme, por favor señor" puss said, tipping his hat to the man.

"Sí el gato, and you sir? " the man asked jackson.

"Ill just take some soda" he replied nonchalantly, seeing puss smirking towards the table. He was curious about what puss was up to.

"That will be 50 pesos, who's paying" the masked man behind the counter said, an outline of a smirk forming where his mouth would land under the mask.

Puss then looked up at the man, drawing his sword and pointing it at his neck, smoothly replying "what was the price señor? I couldn't quite hear you."

"T-That would be 5 pesos, sir" the man said, smirk wiped off his face and sweating nervously as he let a fake laugh slip. Puss sheathed his rapier, his hat casting a natural shadow over his face.