chapter 3

When the "retirement home" was in sight, the pair stopped and stood in front of it, taking it all in.

"What do you think it's gonna be like there media naranja?" Puss asked, studying the surroundings if the house in their sights.

"I doubt it'll be any fun to be there, but we must do what we gotta do to live I guess." Jackson replied, shrugging his shoulders, waves of dread pouring over him as they began walking to the home. Before Jackson could knock on  the door, puss stops him and says to follow him I to the forest. He starts to undress himself, starting by taking off his hat, the descending to his signature cape, and then finally, taking off his iconic boots he was known for and laying them in a hole that he dug, with Jacksons help, and neatly placed them there in similar style as Batman has his uniforms lined up in the bat cave.

"This is good by to my days as puss in boots" puss managed to say as he sucks, turning away and starting to pile the dirt back on  it. As Jackson watched, he couldn't help be feel a slight pinch in his heart, feeling pity for the poor cat. He did seem really attached to the idea of being a hero to the people he encountered. He seemed like he had at least somewhat I'd an inflamed ego on him.

As puss put sticks in the shape of a 'P' as make-shift tombstone, he tapped his paw, thinking about what to do to procrastinate going in mama luna home.

" perhaps a song is in order! " puss said, now placing one paw on his chest, the other help in the air as he held his head high. "Who is your favorite fearless hero. " he sang as he slowly starts to sob. "Who is your favorite.. Fearless.. Her-" and before he could finish another word, be break down to tears, falling on his knees (likethedramaticasspersonheis) as he sobbed.
Jackson, not knowing what to do in the moment, pat him on the back and stood there until he calmed down. "Cmon, let's get you inside before it starts raining. " Jackson said, looking at the sky as dark, grey, clouds start to prevent rays of sunshine from illuminating the forest floor. As they walked back to the door, puss got on all fours and Jackson knocked on the door. As mama luna cracked the door open, she yelled "I told you health inspectors, there are not cats here so-" I'm here because I need a place to stay and I heard you need help"Jackson stated, cutting her off . "plus this little guy was hanging out here and I wanted to get him inside before the rain  started, you know how cats are with water and all."

" oh, well thank you..." She said as she opened the door wider so the two can enter, looking at him quizzically.

"Jackson ma'am, And this is pickles." The boy said, making up a name in the spot, assuming puss had made lots of enemies during his time as a hero of some sort. As he looked down, chuckling at the sight of puss glaring at him.

'Pickles? really?' The cat mouthed, an irritated look on his face present before masking it and looking up at mama luna.

"Awww pickles?, what a great name!" The cat lady said, bending down to pick the cat up as her and Jackson walked inside. " now let's get you ready sweetheart,  I have a set of booties with your name on it." She said to the cat, causing a look of horror to appear on puss' face.

Jackson snickered at the sight, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walked on. He watched as mama luna  put booties on puss and give him a handmade collar made of felt and scraps of fabric, the name pickles shone on it. As puss was sat back down, mama luna then looked at jackson, reaching for the tale measure.

"Don't think your off the hook just yet, jackson, you need a new outfit too." She said, walking towards him. His amusement then turned to panic as he saw her fashion sense. As she took his measurements, he just let her do her thing. Once he was done, he went out to where the rest of the cats were, to see how they acted, as soon as he heard the click of the door as it closed, all the cats grew silent and slowly turned their heads in unison.