Chapter 1

Shenhe always wondered what it would be like to be loved.

Everyday, when she walked through Liyue Harbour, she passes by couples, young and old. There was Ganyu and Keqing, and Xinyan and Yun Jin. Even Lady Ningguang had Captain Beidou. It hurt to know that no one loved her as a partner. It was agony to know that her nephew, Chongyun, had a boyfriend, Xingqiu. (Not that she really approved of their relationship.)

"...Shenhe, are you listening?"

"Hmm?" Shenhe glanced up to see Cloud Retainer. "I apologize, Cloud Retainer, but I didn't catch what you said. Could you repeat that again?"

Cloud Retainer sighed, perching on a rock. "I said, Lady Ningguang's wedding is in a few days, and the Adepti and us will be attending it." Cloud Retainer glanced at Shenhe's body suit, which came with three pieces of cloth and hip windows. "Make sure to dress in appropriate attire, though."

Shenhe nodded. "I understand," she said.

"Good," Cloud Retainer said. "You may leave now. We will resume training tomorrow."

Shenhe stood up from the stone steps she was sitting on and made her way to Liyue Harbour slowly to see Chongyun. She loved Chongyun a lot. He was one of the few people that cared about her, despite her sometimes being strict with him. Shenhe appreciated that.

She found Chongyun at Wanmin Restaurant with Xiangling and Xingqiu. The three youngsters sat at a table, eating and chatting happily.

Shenhe approached them. "Hello, Chongyun," she said with the faintest of smiles.

Hearing her voice, Xingqiu yelped. Fearfully, he scooted his chair away from the table, almost falling off, to hide behind Chongyun, a tight grip on Chongyun's arm.

"Yun-yun, protect me, please!" Xingqiu stared at Shenhe's polearm in fear.

Chongyun gave Xingqiu a reassuring look before turning to Shenhe with a smile. "Hello, Auntie," he told her.

Xiangling beamed. "Oh, hello, Miss Shenhe!" she exclaimed, only reminding Shenhe of her single status. "Do you want any food?" she asked politely.

"Oh, no, I don't have any Mora on me-"

"On the house!" Xiangling shot up from her seat and ran into the restaurant, Guoba at her heels.

Shenhe sat next to Chongyun. She shot Xingqiu a death glare and turned to Chongyun. "How is your Yang energy?" she asked.

Chongyun blushed, embarrassed. "Not very good, Auntie," he admitted. "Yesterday, Xiangling fed me Jueyun Chili to test my Yang energy, and, for the whole day, I remained in Xingqiu's arms. Xiangling told me that I was begging for Xingqiu to never leave me."

Shenhe nodded thoughtfully. "I could get Cloud Retainer to train you," she muttered.

Chongyun smiled wider. "That would be nice," he agreed. He was trained by Cloud Retainer once and he got better at controlling his Yang energy.

Xiangling arrived with a plate full of steaming hot Matsutake Meat Rolls. She set it down in front of Shenhe. "Here you go, Miss Shenhe!" She grinned and took her seat.

Shenhe said, "Thank you, disciple of Guoba."

"Hehe, it was nothing!" Xiangling giggled. "Chongyun, your aunt is actually really nice!"

I am? Shenhe wondered, confused.

Chongyun nodded. "I know." He turned to Xingqiu. "Xingqiu, don't you have an aunt, too?" he asked, licking his light blue popsicle. "Why don't you introduce her to my Auntie Shenhe?"

Xingqiu seemed less nervous when Chongyun mentioned his aunt. "Mhm," Xingqiu said with a tiny smile. "They should meet."

Xiangling clapped her hands excitedly. "Yeah! Maybe your aunts will become good friends!" she exclaimed, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

Shenhe nervously played with her food. "I'm not too sure that that would be a good idea."

"It's okay, Auntie!" Chongyun reassured her. "Xingqiu's Auntie Yelan won't hurt you. Just keep in mind that she could be quite flirtatious."

Shenhe scrunched up her face in confusion. "Flirt...atious?" she asked.

"Uhm, nevermind." Chongyun grinned. " Just know that she won't hurt you."

"Do I have permission to hurt her if she hurts me?" Shenhe held up her polearm. She heard Xingqiu gulp and Xiangling yelp.

"No, Auntie Shenhe, I swear that Xingqiu's Auntie Yelan won't hurt you, physically or mentally!" Chongyun exclaimed in panic.

Shenhe finally caved in. She sighed and nodded, pushing away her barely empty plate. "Fine. Tell her to meet me during Lady Ningguang's wedding." She turned to Xiangling. "Thank you for the food."

Xiangling nodded with a smile. "No problem!"

She waved at Chongyun before walking away, already regretting her words.