𝐈𝐈. 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆

"They say, Daemon Targaryen killed his wife again."

"Oh, come on... I don't know, he loved Laena."

"Maybe, but isn't that strange? That she dies in the two days after his first love returns back?"

"That is ridiculous."

(Whispers in the small council)

/

'My, who would've thought that Prince Daemon is so obsessed with me? To stalk my every step, that is rough.'

Truly, the whole concept of them, meeting now of all the time, was just ridiculous.

'You very well know that it is not about that.' He snapped at her, yet, his face was still more confused than ever.

Henrietta thought their meeting would be much different. He would come to the King's Landings with his new family, and they would bump in each other accidentally somewhere in the public place; they wouldn't even exchange with words, only heavy looks—like the one Daemon offered her, before leaving—and it would be all.

Of course, reality was more chaotic.

'Daemon unexpectedly arrived this morning for funerals,' Viserys finally interrupted them.

'Funerals?' Henrietta blinked, not even trying to hide her surprise.

'My lady wife and our son had died in her labour,' Daemon pursed his lips. 'If I only knew that you are back, I would ask for your assistance in the health matters. You were always more trustful than these useless cunts.'

Henrietta sighed.

How hard it could be for Daemon, to lose another woman in his life like this, in labour? First his mother and his dead brother, then, Aemma—a close friend, a family as well—and little Baelon, and now Laena?

'I am sorry that it taunted you again, prince Daemon,' she muttered quietly.

He continued to piercing her with his eyes, but the corner of his lips slightly raised, not in a proper smile, but almost in a painful scoff.

"Baela is a beautiful name, but maybe we shouldn't ever have kids."

"Why? Are you afraid they will be as annoying as you?"

"I am afraid that you will lose this battle, as everyone else did."

'And I am congratulating you with a safe return to home. What a wonderful achievement on your name.'

Henrietta couldn't help but notice how he congratulated her with not a win, like others did, but with her return back home, where it was safer. He didn't care if she won. Or maybe, she was simply overthinking.

'Thank you, prince Daemon. It was a curious experience, indeed.'

Another minute of silence was broken by the king's fake cough. It worked nevertheless as they turned to his side, Henrietta finally remembering what she was even doing.

'And I congratulate you both with such a nice reunion. But, brother, if you don't mind, lady Hightower needs to talk with me about my health, and...'

'Of course. I would take my leave instantly.'

Henrietta moved to king's side as Daemon walked past her, fingers accidentally brushing the back of her hand, squeezing it slightly. She closed her eyes, pretending not to notice this gesture.