𝐕. 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐍

A/N: If you don't understand anything from what Alicent and Henrietta talking about, it is intentional. You will learn more from the next act that coming soon, and the whole secret will be revealed closer to the end of story, lmao. But just keep their words in mind, maybe you will reach the truth faster :)

"That is awful! Absolutely unrespectful!"

"But the love is love, isn't it? Even such a cruel man, like Daemon Targaryen, is prone to it."

"Hardly a week of lady Laena's death, and he is leaving the King's Landings with his former lover? Poor daughters of his."

"Well, they say they liked her?"

/

It was the early morning, dim lights caressing the room; Alicent was sitting on her armchair, glancing at nowhere, when Henrietta found some courage to bother her cousin's peaceful moment.

'Can we discuss something?'

As soon as Henrietta's voice touched her ears, Alicent instantly turned with the whole body to her side, humming gently:

'Yes? What is it, Anri?'

Henrietta was slow with her movements and words as she stopped not so far from her. The thoughts about this conversation was bothering her mind the whole night, and her tired brain trying to figure out what to say or how to start. It was the sensitive matter, and hurting Alicent would hurt Henrietta herself as well. And that was the last thing Henrietta wished for.

Being mother was already the hardest challenge for her cousin, the one that never wished to carry this burden at all. And pointing out how similar she acted towards her kids, just like their father, would be harsh.

But it was needed to be told.

'Have you ever considered that Aegon and Aemond, both, reassemble us in some way?'

Alicent's enthusiasm left her almost immediately.

'I know I made some... Comparisons, but you were always better than Aegon.'

Oh, darling, who said that it was me that fit his role?

'Come on,' Henrietta groaned. 'He is just a kid, no need to be so mean to him.'

Aegon, despite the crude character, was truly nice boy. Not a perfect one, of course, but still.

'He is not a kid, but pure disappointment,' Alicent snapped, almost emotionless. It came out so swiftly, so easily, as if she repeated that everyday. Perhaps, she was repeating that everyday. 'If you are trying to justify him, because I joked about him and you—'

'You act like Otto acted towards you,' Henrietta talked through her, impatient. She sympathised to this kid, she really did, and listening her sister scolding him for nothing wasn't something she was into. 'Or like my father treated me. Don't you understand?'

Alicent cast her the look full of absolute betrayal, and Henrietta chewed on her inner cheek. It was impossible not to fall weak before her sister; the only glance at her, and Henrietta already would do anything to see her smile again. Most of the time, she would simply drop the topic they were talking about, just not to sadden her more. And maybe it wasn't right, but it worked somehow.

Henrietta wished to give the whole happiness she had to Alicent, but, in truth, she didn't have much to share.

'No, I am not. You and I, Anri, were amazing. We were good daughters, loyal ones. Alright? We didn't deserve what we had got, and we didn't have chances to experience anything else. But Aegon is not us.'