Chapter 2

i'm not going to be able to do daily updates because i've only prewritten around 4 chapters, but HOPEFULLY i don't go on hiatus for 3 months again teehee

Chapter 2

Dottore stormed into his lab, digging his hand into his pockets and hoping, praying to the Tsaritsa that whatever compounds he had hidden in his coat wouldn't explode if they were soaked with water.

He took off his coat, and seeing that it couldn't be salvaged, resolved to research it later to see what effects the chemicals and water had on it.

Then, he was going to get some much needed rest.

************************************

Just before sunset, Dottore entered the common room, and immediately wished he hadn't. Pantalone, Capitano, and Sandrone, the more sensible Harbingers, were nowhere to be seen. He could hear Arlecchino and Columbina in the adjacent room, though he tried his very hardest to drown them out.

In the lounge, Childe was still complaining, hanging on to the Sixth like his life depended on it. (He was lucky Scaramouche was in a good mood.) Said Sixth was sipping his tea, one arm raising his teacup to his lips, the other being hung on to by Tartaglia.

"Stilllll," Childe complained, drawing out the word like he was drunk. He could get so awfully whiny, and Pierro usually put a stop to it, and if he didn't, Dottore would, but Pierro was absent and Dottore was too fucking tired to do anything.

"Why did Arlechinooooooo call you Scara??? Scara, can I call you Scara pleaseeeeyeeeee Scaraaaaaaaaaaaaa –"

"No."

Seriously, Childe was not allowed to throw a fit right now.

At that moment, Arlecchino sauntered into the room, Columbina trailing after her. Columbina looked pristine as always, but Arlecchino's collar was messy, and a few buttons were missing from her button-down shirt.

"Well," Arlecchino drawled. "Sandrone is pissed at you, Tartaglia. Your little stunt with the narwhal caused Arthur to power down, and she is not happy."

Childe rounds on Arlecchino, Scaramouche forgotten for a moment.

"I'm pissed at you, too! Did you really have to make that comment about my sex life?"

"Well, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't brought up Dottore and Pantalone in the first place!" Arlecchino shouts back.

"Don't bring me into this," Dottore snaps. Tsaritsa knows he just wanted some peace and quiet.

"Yeah, Childe, everyone knows the only reason you haven't been laid is because you just want Morax to fuck you so badly that you can't think about anyone else," Scaramouche mutters, and Dottore wonders why Raiden Ei hadn't bothered to give him a verbal filter when she created him. "Oh, wait," Scaramouche continues, and Dottore has the weary feeling that something else is about to happen, just because these people didn't know when to shut the fuck up.

"I guess you'll never be able to get Morax to fuck you now, wouldn't you? Not after you drowned his city? What a pity – you two would've looked good together."

"Scaramouche!" Arlecchino gasps, and she glances at Childe. Dottore expects him to snap back with a snarky remark, but the youngest Harbinger's bottom lip is quivering, and Dottore can see tears glinting in his eyes. He turns on his heel and marches out of the lounge.

In the blink of an eye, Columbina is across the room, her hand raised to slap the puppet. She decides to do just that, and throws Scaramouche's tea into his face for good measure.