03 || halfsies

halfsies
●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

starring chris sturniolo & elle o'reily

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:.*:..*:...。 ❀/|\❀ 。..:*..:*..:*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

✧*̥˚ 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 *̥˚✧
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

❛ grey skies are driftin', not livin' forever, they told me it only gets better ❜

.・。.・゜✭・.

𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 had managed to walk her sister home, do most of her homework, and studied for a test the following day. she clocked in at eight and her five hour shift began. she got paid extra since this was the worst shift out of the bunch, but she really needed the job.

her home life wasn't amazing. they lived in a nice house and all but there was still something off with her family. her mom was in the hospital, she's been sick for a while but she just got admitted within the past week, explaining her sudden change in mood.

despite her mom not working, they still had money from her previous job which she did have to leave due to her illness. elle simply would not let her work from home knowing she wasn't even close to feeling well. the extra money from elle's job would be enough to provide for mainly her and lora's needs but also cover a few of the utility bills that way all the money they currently have can be put to paying medical bills for her mother and the mortgage.

it was a lot for a 16 year old but elle really felt for her sister. lora was never close with her father since he left when she was four, but elle believes that she can't lose her mom or she'll really have a breaking point.

"hi, welcome to gulf," she said not looking up from her homework. she felt ridiculous in her uniform but money is money. she continued on with her precalc question until the customer approached the counter. "did you find everything okay?" she asked. she looked up at the end of her question.

"oh. um, hey chris," she half smiled. 

"hi elle, i didn't know you worked here," he smiled. 

"yeah, i don't really tell a bunch of people but i needed a job so," she laughed a little. she scanned his items and read the total. "15.68," she said. he gave her a 20 and told her to keep the change. 

"what time do you get out?" he asked as she bagged his things. 

"like midnight if i close up fast enough," she answered. "i get more money if i do the later shift i guess," 

"dude really? how far do you live from here?" she explained how she walks home and he nodded in understanding. it's not like they could really afford car payments right now. "well if you ever want a ride, i don't live that far from here either," he offered.

"no i'm good. but thank you," she put his bag up on the counter. "i'll see you in english tomorrow?" she asked. 

"right behind you," he joked, reffering to their seats. they both waved at each other and elle clicked play on her phone for her playlist. no one else was around so she, like most nights, was alone. it wasn't awkward since it gave her a moment to breathe and to be able to process everything. 

she took a deep sigh and noticed the minivan pull out of the gas station lot. she smiled at herself. he cared and she liked it.

.ೃ࿐ sophina's corner *ೃ༄

hi everyone ☺︎

short filler chapter?

again, for those in similar or these
situations, i am not trying to be insensitive
it is simply for the plot!

my dm's are open as usual and you can find
my insta in my bio <3

mwah mwah, see you in chapter four babes ✦

∘∘♡∘∘