Your eyes, lead it back to me.

Love at first sight. Your younger self would have laughed at that. You never really believed in it— how could you fall in love with someone you barely know?

That belief soon crumbled into pieces the moment you saw her.

Though her interaction with you was short, it felt like eternity— ever since that day, the scenario played in your head again and again like a broken record player, every second passing with your body longing for her again.

So you attempted to talk to her again— and realized for the first time that talking to someone was very hard.

Everytime you tried to actually talk to her, your throat would clog up, your body freezing with an overwhelming amount of pressure flooding over you. You walk up to her, try to have an actual decent conversation– then proceed to forget about everything you had prepared for you to talk about.

So you would stand there still, too nervous to say anything– leaving the two of you in an uncomfortable silence.

But not today. Today, you have no choice but to talk to her– so you have decided to take advantage of that. You will talk to her, even if you have to force yourself to.

It was strange, how you felt such a strong pull to a person who is not even your soulmate. You felt an immense attachment to her, and without having a decent conversation, too.

Just as the bell rang, you shot up from your seat, swiftly grabbing your books that were scattered on your desk– swinging your bag around your shoulder. You paced to the exit, ignoring the looks you got from your classmates.

Normally, you would have gone straight to the cafeteria, trying to claim the perfect lunch table for your friend group. But not today– none of those mattered at this moment.

You stopped in front of the library, breathing in and out, trying to soothe out your beating heart. You bit your lips, your fingertips playing with the edge of your uniform. You peeked through the glass, scanning for the girl in question.

There she was, flipping through the books idly. You pushed open the library door, drawing the girl's attention. You gave her an awkward smile, setting your bag on the desk beside her.

"Hi." You said, "I'm, uh, your project partner— as you would've guessed."

Wednesday gave you a look, before glancing back at her book. A short silence followed, making you fidget in the tense air.

"Do you.. have something in mind? For the project?" You asked, watching as the girl's lashes fluttered down, before her eyes met yours.

She nodded her head, her bangs bouncing slightly from the motion— framing her cheek perfectly.

You held your breath at the sight. The raven haired girl shifted to open her notes, pointing at the pictures— tracing the words on the paper. Though you tried so, so hard to focus on the letters, your eyes kept making their way back to Wednesday— sending you into a trance, unable to think about anything but her.

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday, your mind chanted.

A tap on your shoulder snapped you out of your thoughts. Your breath hitched in surprise.

Wednesday glared at you, noticing your distracted state. You gave her an apologetic smile, chuckling nervously.

"Sorry— I'm kinda tired right now. I'll focus harder." You said, the lie slipping from your tongue easily.

You plopped your arm down to the desk, revealing your inked wrist. You felt her stare on the letters curved on your skin— and turned your waist up to look at the letters yourself.

"Oh, um, it's my soulmate mark." You shrugged, "It says, I love you— isn't that weird? I mean, it's not everyday a stranger bumps into you and the first thing they do is declare their love for you."

You giggled, noticing the girl's round eyes. "I know, right? Strange."

Despite your amusement, Wednesday was feeling the opposite. She fell into a panic, millions of questions running in her mind.

"Anyways, let's get on with the project." You said, bending down to grab your book from your bag. The raven haired girl eyed your back, deep in thought.

"So what you're saying is—" You started, but your voice faded out in Wednesday's ears. Now, it was her who couldn't focus, with too much of the puzzle pieces messing up her mind.

Oh, how the tables have turned.

-

hello, how are you? :)