Chapter 3

Present
Confused with all these tears , I won't get swallowed by my fears in the 11th grade going on to senior year .... In the mist of all the break ups , put downs & the one who left when they said that they were down. I still remain, just a tad bit insane.
I rushed to grab my bags to head out the door. I thought different, looked different maybe everything happened for a reason. I passed by the living room mirrors catching a glimpse of myself could a person not like themselves as much as I did ?. I wanted out but there was no escaping this was me. "Aiko ? what are you doing !" Kior looked at me like I was some freak show. "Huh ? Oh nothing I was just fixing myself up". "You look fine girl, stop tripping" she laughed out loud. Only if she knew inside this was no laughing matter. I pushed my locs back, grabbed my DG glasses and headed for the door. As I got into Kior's car it smelled of marijuana, she had just rolled up. She reached back handed me the backwood and said "clear your mind my queen" I laughed she knew she always knew. I hate the bad bitches who say their to pretty to smoke Natalie said. I just laughed because I was once one of those girls but I don't know that "bad bitch" thing just wasn't me. Thinking like one was only going to land me in the position of being someone's baby mama or stripping on somebody's pole. I knew what I wanted for myself I just laugh to myself not only because I'm high but because I'm lost I know what I want in this world but do you ever just feel lost.

Past
I continued to forwarded Kieran's calls. I just couldn't deal with anyone at the moment. I just wanted to lay in bed all day watch love stories and probably mope about how that'll never be me. My mom had to be the first to ruin that she just burst in my room with a look on her face that I hated. Here comes the how are you my darling ? Then the you know you're my baby girl right ? The following questions came when she sat on my bed. "Aiko how are you my darling? " I'm fine mommy, can you just let me know what's wrong". " She grabbed me in started crying, Aiko your daddy got into a car accident" what ? mom no seriously stop, it was Aprils fools day so maybe she was just playing a joke on me. I didn't know if I wanted to be sad that he wasn't there for me or the fact that he died and didn't get a chance to be the father that he promised. It seem like my life was just falling apart around me. I'd never question God but I just had to ask him why me ?. Mom asked did I want to do anything that day to clear my mind I just smiled in said no thanks. She left out of the room and I called Kior "DADDY IS GONE AIKO HE'S GONE " I screamed. I felt a huge rush of heat come over and me and I fainted.