Chapter One: Lost and Confused

Fawn

I was looking out at the cold starry night waiting for my sister to come home. Scarlett was supposed to come home two hours ago! I HATE SCARLETT, but I am still worried. Mommy said we moved here for a reason, not to ever be worried or scared again. A nice place were our dreams would come true. Scarlett makes fun of me for believing in dreams and magic, I don't care what she says though. Mommy says I'm still a young five year old that can believe in anything if you put your mind to it.

"AHHHHHH HELLLPPPP!!!" I hear a voice scream in the distance.

I freeze where I am in my silent room. A small tear runs down my eye. I swipe it away quickly. I am not a baby anymore I can't freak out over the smallest things. 

"MHHhhhhhhhmhhhh" I heard again in a smaller fainter voice. What is happening?

Then suddenly I remember Scarlett, my older sister who was supposed to be home two hours ago, what if it's Scarlett. I start crying, salty tears running down my face and onto my lip, each tear coming down faster and stronger like rain splashing on a roof. A lump forms in my throat and it becomes hard to breath. I can't take it anymore, I run downstairs into the livingroom where my mommy is watching television.

"Mommmmmyyyyyyy" I choke out through my tears.

My mommy looks up worry and fright in her shiny green emerald eyes.

"What's wrong sweetie, come over here" My mommy smiles through pearly white teeth.

I walk over slowly to the spot where my mom is sitting and sit on her lap, she mutes the television and looks at me, waiting for an answer.

"I uhhh I ummm uhhhh" I try to choke out the screams I heard outside, someones life can depend on the words I am trying to form, maybe even my own sisters life.

Thinking about that made cry even more, harder for me to speak, to much pressure my head is throbbing. I clench the sides of my head to make the worries go away, BUT IT WON'T WORK!

"Shh sweetie calm down" My mommy strokes my hair making the worries go away. My crying slows and I am able to speak.

"I uh, heard screams outside" I whispered into my mommys ear.

"Oh its probably-" I cut my mommy off before she can come up with an exuse to stay and not save Scarlett.

"Where's Scarlett mommy" I looked up at her with worry in my eyes so she wouldn't forget.

Mommy froze for a second then looked me striaght in the eye "Wasn't Scarlett with you" Mommy said.

"Scarlett said she was able to go to a friends house so she went downstairs and left" I said, didn't mommy know this? Did Scarlett even tell her?

"Stay here for a sec okay, I'm going to check on something" Mommy said in a rush. 

Mommy took me off of her lap and placed me on the other side of the couch. Then mommy ran upstairs. I stayed on the couch for a second then ran upstairs to spy, I couldn't help it. When I reached to the top of the stairs I could see a perfect view of my mommy in the bathroom, She was looking out the bathroom window. Mommy grabed something and pulled it in the house, it was large stringy rope. Mommy threw it on the floor and started swearing, some words I couldn't even understand. My eyes widened in amazement, before I could get into anymore trouble I ran downstairs and sat on the couch.

"Fawn" Mommy said while running down the stairs.

"Yes mommy" I said in a perfect response.

"I don't like leaving you alone aspecially at night like this but it is very important" My mom said in frustration as she opened the closet where the jackets hung.

"It's fine mommy, if it's really important" I said in an angelique voice as sweet as silk.

"Thank you honey" Mommy grabbed her jacket out of the closet so hard the coat hangers spun then she shoved on a pair of blue slippers. 

"Love you" Mommy said the kissec me on the forehead

"Love you too mommy" I shouted back

Mommy ran out the door. The door slamed shut behind her. I heard the cars engine roar in the midnight sky. That's the last I saw my mommy until the morning that changed us forever.

Authors Note

Do you want more? If you think the story is boring don't worry it's just getting started. It might be a little short but I'll end up writing more as the story progress's. I might not finish or try on the story if I get negative votes or no reads so if you like it tell me! :)

                                                                                                                                               Mustachethecereal