But you won't be dragging my name to the bottom

My heart was racing and my stomach felt like lead as I pulled up to my parents house "You know what it's fine I don't need a healthy relationship with my parents maybe we should just go" Noah carefully placed his hand in mine and gave it a gentle squeeze "Savannah you need to do this at least for yourself you wrote a song about the fight you had and broke down on stage and when you were in the hospital you called Maxxie mama and apologized for that fight" My heart sunk a little as Noah said that I didn't realize I did that. I sighed heavily and opened my car door "Let's go" the walk to the front door felt like miles I know this needs to be done before I could even knock on the door my mother answered it "Didn't I tell you when you left you weren't allowed back?" I could see my father in the background "Susan are you serious right now after 3 years this is what you have to say? And you wonder why she left in the first place" my father came out and gave me the warmest embrace I almost broke down in his arms "Is that one of your band friends?" My father asked noticing Noah "Sort of he's not in my band he has his own band" I grabbed Noah's hand "This is Noah he's my boyfriend"

*Noah's p.o.v*

     I smiled as Savannah introduced me as her boyfriend her father shook my hand "Roger nice to meet you" her mother just looked at me in disgust and scoffed at us "He looks like a druggie criminal" her eyes rolled so far into the back of her head I'm surprised they didn't get stuck "You're looking pretty thin yourself Savannah did he drag you into whatever it is he does?"
"Susan! Really!?" Savannah just looked down at the ground I understand why she didn't want to do this I should have just let her drive off earlier "We don't do drugs mom we're on the road constantly we're on stage or doing interviews and photo shoots or sleeping and if we're home we're in the studio I'm not doing drugs I have poor eating habits" Savannah's dad ushered us inside and sat us on the couch he just smiled at Savannah I could tell he really missed her, her mother on the other hand you can't read her to well "So your band is doing well?" Savannah started to perk up a little bit "It's going great actually! Last year we had our first headlining tour this year we had an album release tour we just got back from warped tour and in about 2 weeks I go back on tour with some friends I made" Savannah's dad chuckled softly "Well you've been keeping yourself busy I'm glad things are going well for you sweetie" Savannah's mom chimed in "Do you at least have any money or did you spend it all traveling?"
"My bills are paid"
"That's not what I'm asking" Roger shot her a death glare "Susan we lost our daughter for 3 years because you're an insufferable bitch you ask Marie about her all the time! She finally comes home and you wanna harass her about drugs and money!?" Savannah stood up and just looked at the floor "I'm sorry we'll just leave dad I'll start answering your calls I'm sorry I've been ignoring you, you didn't do anything wrong" she started to walk away "Sorry for bothering you mom I shouldn't have come" we walked out the door and back to the car Savannah drove off without a word. We finally arrived back at her house "So uhm I know this probably isn't the best time but I didn't know you were black?" Savannah burst out laughing "I get that all the time! My dad is Puerto Rican and German I'm just tan my mom is white don't ask me which kind though" I laughed along with her "I'm sorry I was just surprised when your dad came out of the house"
"That's fair with a last name like Myers you wouldn't expect me to be Spanish, Maxxie is Spanish too she's Cuban and Croatian I think"
"I'm sorry seeing your parents didn't go better" Savannah looked down and fidgeted with her fingers "It's fine I shouldn't have expected so much from my mom she cares more about her ego than anything else but it was nice to think she changed"
"I'm sure she'll come around some day" Savannah just shrugged her shoulders "Maybe" I got out of the car and grabbed her and carried her into her room "Come on let's cheer up a little bit" and tossed her on her bed before jumping in myself