𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"Why do we have to leave mum, I love it here..." Y/n innocently asks her mother. Y/n was only a child, she did not understand the dangers her parents saw in staying in the forest.

Her mother glances over at her father (Zay'e) to which he nods.

"Y/n..." She knelt at Y/n's eye level. "Remember how I used to tell you stories about sky people?" Y/n's eyes were filled with sadness. She'd had enough of hearing about them.

"They're bad guys, murdering and invading our home. We're going somewhere safer. Somewhere where we can live peacefully."

Y/n was not satisfied with this answer and made sure her parents can visually see this.

"And maybe if our warriors fight to take back our home again, we can move on back." Y/n's mother continues.

"Why can't we fight mum? Why do we have to run?" Y/n whined.

Her mum simply shook her head and walked away for her mate to deal with this.

Y/n pouts and grabs a tree. "I'm not going!" Y/n whines. She refuses to leave like this, and she will put up a fight.

Zay'e sighs and puts a hand on Y/n's shoulder. "We need to leave Y/n... pack up your stuff."

꧁༺ ༻꧂

All packed up, Y/n's family was now set to leave the Omatikaya clan.

Y/n thought the whole thing was ridiculous. Leaving everything they have ever known behind and entering the unknown. She didn't want to say goodbye to her friends, her toys, and her favorite places.

As they were walking to call their ikrans, they noticed the sky people's ship near.

The trees were too tall for the Y/n family to see clearly ahead of them, so they wouldn't notice walking near something like this. "Oh, shit..." Zay'e gasped as they noticed they walked right into a battle.

Bombs were being set everywhere, shots fired and arrows flung, this was the one thing Y/n's family was trying to escape from.

"Come on! We gotta go Zay'e!" Y/n's mother desperately tugged on her husband, who was watching the scene in shock as she grabbed Y/n and ran.

With her home being destroyed, this was like a knife in Y/n's stomach.

Zay'e glanced over to his mate.  "We can't fly above... we might get shot down." Y/n's mother looked at Zay'e in disbelief. "So we're just going to abandon our Ikrans? Is this what you mean?"

They didn't have time to argue and Zay'e knew this. "We will return for them at a better time." Finally, Y/n's mother nodded in agreement and they began to flee the battleground alongside thousands of Navi.

꧁༺ ༻꧂

After a little while of running, Zay'e tripped on a tree taken down by the sky people and fell on his leg hard.

"Daddy! No!" Y/n screamed. This caught Y/n's mother's attention and she turned around to see his serious injury.

She automatically put Y/n down and ran to help up her mate.

"No- no. Stop it I can't walk... just go on without me. " Zay'e said.

"No. Never." She said, ripping apart her shirt and wrapping it around his leg.

She soon realized Y/n was standing alone, she was an easy target.

She turned and said what only felt right in this situation. "Y/n go hide." She pointed in a direction opposite the chaos. "Hide baby... ill find you. Stay out of harm's way.