Darla

Sean carries the young woman into the clinic, Bobby and Doc Polk both wincing at the deep claw marks on her body. The young woman shrinks back from Bobby and Doc Polk steps forward.

"I've contacted your clan. Carl is bringing your Aunt here now." Bo says, sliding his cell phone into his pocket and watching the woman refusing to release Sean's hand.

"Sweetheart, what's your name?" Sean asks, brushing the dark brown hair from her forehead with a smile as Doc Polk begins to assess her injures.

"Darla, my name is Darla." The young woman says, sobbing and looking into Sean's eyes. "Am I going to die?" Darla asks, terror in her young eyes.

"Not on my watch sweetheart." Sean says, looking at Bobby. "The injection, will it work on her?" He asks, biting his lip. "I know we have a supply for Eddie and a few extra on hand."

"Well, there's only one way to know for sure." Bobby takes a deep breath, turning to a cabinet and readying a syringe. "Papa, we haven't tested this on clan members. Your blood, might not be compatible."

"Like you said, there's only one way to know." Sean says, squeezing Darla's hand and looking at the hopeless expression on Doc Polk's face.

"Please, I'm only eighteen. I don't want to die. Please?" Darla says, begging Bobby.

"Alright. Give me your arm." Bobby says, smiling sadly at this woman not much younger than his mate.

"Darla, sweetie, just look at me. Focus on me, okay? Look into my eyes." Sean says, Bobby swabbing Darla's arm and giving her the injection.

"Mm, ahhhh!" Darla thrashes and writhes on the table, clearly in pain.

"Look into my eyes!" Sean says, his eyes turning blue. "It's alright. I know it hurts sweetheart. You're healing." He smiles, watching the nearly bone deep wounds begin to close and heal.

"Ugh, it burns." Darla whimpers, her eyes growing heavy as the healing nears completion. "Thank you, for saving my life." She says softly, passing out from the pain.

                                                                          *   *   *

"I can't believe this happened." Carl says, pacing beside a bed. Sean and Bo have moved Darla into an empty room on the third floor. "Oh, this is Franny. She's Darla's Aunt and she's raised her."

"Thank you so much." Franny says, knelt beside the bed holding Darla's hand. "She, she turned eighteen last week." She smiles, stroking Darla's hair as she sleeps. "She heard that some clan had found their mates in lycan packs and she was hoping to find hers too. Silly girl." She sobs, shaking her head.

"Hmm, we can't allow things like this to happen again." Sean says and Franny and Carl both flinch. "I'll talk to the tribunal about adding clan conferences into our omega and alpha conferences. We can't let these children get hurt trying to find their mates. I should have thought of this sooner." He sighs, sitting on the bed. Darla is still holding his hand tightly.

"Luna, thank you so much. I'm sure that would help both our young ones." Carl says, he's biting his lip. "I'm so relieved that she found her way into your territory. How did she get here?"

"I found a hole under the fence." Bo says, shaking his head in shock. "She's a very brave and very strong young woman. By the way, the bear has been found." He says, getting a link from Mikey and Lucas. "Jack's going to be pissed." He mumbles and Sean looks up at him worried. "Lucas wrestled the bear and... the boy choked it out. Animal rescue is coming to relocate it to a sanctuary." He grins, imagining Lucas choking a grown bear unconscious.