1

¥
Instagram story

¥Instagram story

¥

I let out a sigh of relief as I put my suitcases up against the wall and look at the bed in my hotel room.
I walk towards the window where small droplets of rain is racing down the glass.
I open my suitcase with clothes and put on a red-bull sweatshirt and a pair of black sweatpants with some white fluffy socks.
I lift my tech suitcase onto the bed a look over the cameras if they're damaged which I have the luck that nothing has been harmed.
I take out my laptop and put the suitcase back on the floor and open my email when the door opens.
"Hello Maxie" I say with my focus still on the screen in front of me.
"How many emails can a photographer get?" He askes as he throws himself on the bed.
"First of all fuck you, second fuck you" I grinned.
He mimicked me as he puts his head in my lap.
"You want something. Spit it out!" I say as I look him in his face.
"I want you to come eat with me and the other drivers tonight" he grins.
"Max" I sigh.
"It's not that easy" I mumbled as I look back at the screen.
"I'll be there all the time, please?" He pleads.
"If you want to go back it's fine just please try" he begs.
"Fine" I say.
"Yes!"
I've been struggling with social anxiety since I was a kid and had big problems with being around people I didn't know though I had no problem with social media and zoom meetings.
When I got asked about the job being redbulls photographer I was terrified of the team but thanks to Max's years of experience in persuading me I said yes.

I walked alongside my brother that wore a smile as wide as his lips could go.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"Daniel knew some restaurant around here that is supposed to be good" he said as his eyes scanned the place.

We walked into the restaurant and over to a bigger table where Daniel, Carlos, Charles, Lando and Pierre was sat.
"Hello" I mumbled as I sat down beside Daniel.
He ruffled my hair making me chuckle.
Although I hated being around people I loved all of the drivers like family. Although there was a certain someone i had caught feelings for the last year.

I sipped on my drink listening to the boys conversation about how the last race last year went.
I stirred the drink around with my straw mindlessly when someone said my name.
"Huh?" I asked looking at Daniel whom the name came from.
"Nothing" he smirked.
I gave him a light push with a small grin on my face.
I looked up from my drink and saw Charles with crimson red cheeks.

Max was on the toilet when I felt the familiar pressure on my chest.
"I'm going to get some air" I smiled weakly as I hurried outside the restaurants glass doors.
I slid down the wall and kept my focus on the graffiti across the street.
I felt the pressure getting worse and a silent tear fell down my cheek.
All off a sudden there's two hands cupping my cheeks and a voice I could barely hear saying 'look at me' over and over.
I looked up and saw those incredible green eyes I was oh so desperately in love with.
"Breath with me Michelle" he said as he took deep breaths while i followed.
Charles was one of few of the drivers that knew about how bad my anxiety would get and was always very cautious that I felt alright in social situations.
He was also the only person alongside max that could calm me down.
"That's good" he smiled as his thumb stroked my cheek.
"I'm sorry" I whispered.
"No, it's not your fault" he gave me a soft smile and gave me his hand pulling me up.
"I'll tell max that we're going back to the hotel" he smiled as he looked into my eyes for an answer.
I quietly nodded to which he gave me a ruffle off the hair and walked into the restaurant to find my brother.

I had been walked to the hotel by both my brother and Charles.
I was currently laying in bed watching Netflix with max laying across the bed.
"Do you like him?" He asked out of the blue.
"No, why would you ask that?" I said.
"Because he seems to like you" he smirked as he laid his head onto my knee.
"No he doesn't" I stated as my eyes were glued to the screen.
"Sure" max smirked as he returned his eyes to the screen.

¥

The race was shit for red-bull, Alex had an incident with Lewis causing him to get P13 and Max had problems with his breaks so they had to retire the car.
I was left with a moody max.
"It's a fucking shit show!" He yelled as he sat down on the chair in the cool off room.
"You should be happy you didn't crash and die at least!" I yelled back.
"It was a easy podium!" He yelled in my face.
"You think I don't get that?! I understand that it sucks big time but you could've died max! I need you" I mumbled as I slammed the door and walked out of the garage.
I called the one person who i needed to talk to.

"Michelle! Hi!" Her voice rang through my ears.
"Hi vic" I smiled weakly.
"What's up? Is max being a bitch?" She asked chuckling knowing my twin in and out.
"A bitch? He's being a dick! He's mad because they had to retire the car because the brakes fucked up. It was nothing he could do so I don't see why he is beating himself up!" I sighed as I put my hand over my face.
"Sorry for unloading this onto you but I really need to talk to someone who is not a part of f1" I sighed.
"It's okay, I know life with max isn't easy at all" she chuckled.
"It's even worse being his twin" I chuckled.
"I could only imagine" she said.
"The worst is that I love him so incredibly much and I can't stand being away from him for more then 24 hours but at the same time I want to rip his face off and shove it up his ass!" I groaned as I sat down on the concrete.
"Max is Max, I'll call him and tell him to pull his finger out of his ass" I could hear the smile on her face.
"Thanks Vic, I couldn't ask for a better sister" I smiled.
"Always" she chuckled before cancelling the call.
I sighed as I put my phone in the pocket of my red-bull jacket and pulling my knees to my chest. I looked up when I heard steps coming my way.
I look up to see Charles still in his racing suit with a frown on his face.
"Max" I said simply to which he nods before slumping down besides me.
"Congratulations, you did very well" I smiled at him as I fiddled with my rings.
"Thank you" he smiled. I could stare at that smile for days.
We just sat there for a while with not another word exchanged between us before Max walked over.
He stood there for a minute completely silent as he looked at me.
"Sorry" he sighed.
"You're forgiven" I muttered as I looked right ahead.
Max walked away causing Charles to chuckle.
"You two are so weird" he looked at me.
"Tell me about it" I chuckled.