1

Kimi's Pov:

Positive. It said positive. I slid down the side of the bathroom door and landed on my butt. I can't be pregnant! I mean...I can, but I refuse to believe it. I just turned 19 two weeks and a half ago...I'm not ready! I had my life all together and stuff, I was just beginning to feel independent. Maybe I felt a little too independent. I lost my virginity the saturday before my birthday. I wonder what Vince is gonna say. We've been going out for 2 years and he was the first and only person I ever had sex with. I don't know how he will react, but he has to know, cause he's the father, and he knows. We are both as loyal as can be in this relationship, and he knows that I was a virgin when we first had sex. What will my mom say? What will my dad say? I'm mixed. My mom, Liesa, family is apart of the small populationof Vietnamese Brazilians and she was born in Brazil. She was adopted as a baby and brought to America. My dad, Gerard, is from Baltimore. His family lives throughout the Barbados. He moved here when he was eight. All of them wanted me to go to college, but with a baby, how will I do that? They are going to be pissed.

I banged my head against the door and looked at the pregnancy test again, which made me even more nausious than I was already. I knew from the morning sickness that something was up, so I asked my sister, Bianca, if she could buy me a test. She was the only one who knew and she was the only one I trusted. She was in my room waiting to find out the news. How could I tell her it was positive? Whe hoped and prayed that it wasn't positive, but it was. I put my head on my knees and my heart sank.

Bianca: Kim..?

Kimi: (sighs) yes?

Bianca: did the test work? What are the results, hun?

Kimi:... It was positive, bi...

Bianca:(gasps) oh my god.

I broke down into tears and kept staring at the test, thinking of telling everyone.

Kimi: (cries) I... I dont know what to do.

Bianca: I don't either, kim... Its truly all up to you. Let me in.

Kimi: (opens door) Bi... (throws arms around her)

Bianca: Its okay, i'll help you get through this

Kimi: what if mom and dad make me abort?

Bianca: they would never do that, and you know it!

Kimi: well, more realistically (sniffles) what if they put him or her up for adoption.

Bianca: They won't. Trust me.

Bianca rubbed my shoulders and we sat on the side of the tub.

Kimi: how do I tell Vince?

Bianca: if he really loves you, then he'll man up and be the father you want him to be. Real shit, boo.

Kimi: what if he doesn't love me?

Bianca: (laughs) stop with all the "what if's", you shouldn't stress.

Kimi: how are you so calm?

Bianca: cause I know you can get through this. On the inside? Yeah, i'm a little nervous, but I know it'll all be fine. You got this, li'l sis.

Kimi: thanks.

Bianca: so, when are you telling everyone?

Kimi: they will find out sooner or later, so what do I have to hide? I'll tell them today.

Bianca: see! You can do it. Just plan into the future, don't stress about the past.

Kimi: you're right...