alone together

ohhh the gurls and gays are gonna love this one

Fourth Soviet POV in a row but it's ok because he's the better of the two:

"Where in God's name have you been?!"

I hear my voice shake and wobble slightly when I speak. There's concern in there as well but it's mostly shock.

The reason for my shock is actually very shocking. No I'm not joking.

At my desk, calm as ever, sits Britain. He sits in my chair, his fingers gently fiddling with a pen from my desk whilst also holding a mug, steam slowly rising from it.

His deep purple eyes stare at me with a warm, welcoming expression.

"Good morning Soviet... It's good to see you again," He takes a small sip of his drink after he speaks.

Oh how I've missed his voice. It's soft and mixes perfectly with his accent. Every word he speaks feels like cutting into nearly melted butter.

I walk over to my desk and sit in the other chair. I clasp my hands together, they are incredibly clammy right now.

"It's been a while.." I whisper.

I find myself staring at Britain, taking in every little detail.

His hair has started to curl at the ends and parts of it stand on edge as if he's been partially electrocuted. I think it actually suits him for some reason. He looks the same amount of tired as he normally does, the dark circles under his eyes a little less prominent than the last time I saw him. Freckles dot his cheeks and the bridge of his nose and of course the scar running from the bottom of his eye and down his left cheek is still there. As if that would disappear. His golden framed glasses sit comfortably on his nose.

Britain wears a loose, white button down, long sleeved shirt with light grey stripes. The sleeves flare out at his elbow and are rolled up once at the end. His hands are covered by a pair of black gloves and I can see a watch resting on his wrist. A navy blue jacket sits folded on his lap. He has a dark grey, form fitting waistcoat with black buttons and matching trousers. Britain still has the purple ribbon tied neatly into a bow and tucked under his collar, it matches his eyes.

...He looks perfect.

"Uhmm... So where have you been all this time? I was worried about you," I rub the back of my neck nervously. My face is warm again and is probably red if I looked in a mirror.

"Ah, well, I've been consumed by work lately... among other things," His answer is as vague as ever. I'm not really sure what I was expecting. Britain shakes his head slowly and he looks back at me.

"I didn't mean to worry you however, my apologies Soviet. I just couldn't find the time to let anyone know,"

I give Britain a warm smile as he takes another sip of his drink, which I'm pretty sure is hot chocolate. I can't help but notice the way his lips curl around the mug, making my heart skip a beat.

"It's fine, honestly. I'm just glad you're ok,"

Britain places the pen back down on the desk and pushes another mug towards me. The strong smell of coffee feels my nostrils almost immediately.

"Brought you a coffee. You look like you need it," Britain motions towards my face.

Do I actually look that tired? I didn't think I did honestly. Sure I haven't been sleeping much lately but I like to think I at least look better than America.

"Thank you Bunny," I pick up the mug of coffee and take a sip, it's delicious. Britain makes coffee excellently. "Mm, it's good. God, I've missed you,"

Britain's eyebrows raise, it's only barely noticeable. He looks down into his mug. His hands shake slightly.