chapter 1: Wanderlust

My name is Aspen Mansfield I'm 18. I live in the bland state of Ohio with my average typical family: my mom, Dad, older sister , and little brother. The Mansfield's' are a pretty well-known name in Ohio, mostly due to the fact my mom is a cardiovascular surgeon and my father is the best lawyer in the state; I guess you can say we live quiet the life.
My parents believe in a giving me and my sibling the greatest opportunities, taking chances, & striving for our dreams no matter what they are. But, for some reason our father tends to push us to the job fields that make the most money or that only except the smartest people. My mother on the other hand would except us no matter what college or job we end up having.
I've always had tons of money , a big house and people try to become friends with me for all that I have. I tend to isolate myself from crowds and have never had a boyfriend In the twelve years I've been in school. People always compare me to my older sister Julia who is absolutely perfect in everything: sports, beauty, getting guys, school, and pretty much everything else. After high school Julia ended up following my fathers law school foots steps; leaving me with the pressure of walking down two roads for my future: mine or my parents'. I haven't quite figured my plans out for college so I decided to go for 2 years, get a degree and then go for four years for a specific job.
"ASPEN LETS GO WERE GOING TO MISS OUR FLIGHT!!"
"okay mom I'm coming!" My parents decided to take us on a family bonding trip to California where both my parents were born and raised, they moved to Ohio for work related reason & this will be the first time we've ever been. I love adventure and traveling and I discovered this while going to Europe and South America for school and church trips. I always take my Polaroid & phone with me because you never know when you'll see an amazing sight although a picture's worth a thousand words it will never amount to what it looked like in person I like to hang the pictures on my wall to keep as memories. Nothing can compare to the rush I feel when standing in front of something new in a foreign place; no matter what it is. I feel wanderlust.

AUTHOR NOTE:

Okay sorry the first chapter is short & kinda boring I really want you guys to get a good sense of Aspen and what she's like.