Chapter 1 - The Threat Emerges

Rachel Thompson had always been a tough girl. Growing up in a rough neighborhood, she had learned to fend for herself at an early age. She was used to the danger that lurked around every corner, the kind of danger that could strike at any moment. But nothing had prepared her for what happened on that fateful night.

It was a warm summer evening, and Rachel was walking home from work. She had just finished a late shift at the diner and was looking forward to getting home and relaxing. As she walked, she noticed a group of men standing on the corner, watching her. She tried to ignore them, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around to see one of the men from the corner walking towards her. He was tall and muscular, with a menacing look in his eyes.

"Hey, sweetie," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "Why don't you come with me? I'll show you a good time."

Rachel backed away, her heart pounding in her chest. She knew what this was - she had seen it before. These men were predators, looking for someone vulnerable to prey upon.

"I'm not interested," she said, trying to sound confident. "Just leave me alone."

The man laughed. "Come on, baby. Don't be like that. We just want to have some fun."

Rachel turned and ran, her legs pumping as fast as they could go. She could hear the man's footsteps behind her, getting closer and closer. She knew she was in trouble.

Just when she thought she couldn't run any further, she saw a figure up ahead. It was a man, tall and muscular, with a wild look in his eyes. He was wearing a leather jacket and had a scruffy beard. She didn't know who he was, but she felt a sudden surge of hope.

"Hey!" she yelled, running towards him. "Help me!"

The man turned towards her, his eyes narrowing. For a moment, Rachel thought he might be one of the attackers. But then he spoke, and she knew she was safe.

"Get behind me," he growled, stepping forward.

The attackers hesitated, eyeing the man warily. Rachel could see the fear in their eyes - this man was not someone to mess with.

"Back off," he said, his voice low and dangerous. "Or you'll regret it."

The attackers looked at each other, then turned and ran. Rachel stood there, panting and trembling, as the man approached her.

"You okay?" he asked, his voice surprisingly gentle.

Rachel nodded, unable to speak. She had never been so grateful in her life.

"Let's get you out of here," he said, taking her arm. "It's not safe."

And so, Rachel found herself walking down the street with a stranger. She didn't know who he was, but she knew that he had just saved her life.

As they made their way down the street, Rachel's mind was racing. She had so many questions, but she didn't even know where to begin.

"How did you know I was in trouble?" she asked, finally breaking the silence.

Moxley shrugged. "I was in the area. Heard some commotion and came to check it out."

Rachel wasn't sure she believed him. It seemed too coincidental that he would just happen to be there at the exact moment she was attacked. But she didn't push the issue. She was grateful for his help, no matter how he had found her.

As they walked, Rachel noticed that Moxley was scanning the area constantly, looking for any signs of danger. 

As Rachel slowly walked back to her car, she couldn't shake the feeling that someone was following her. She quickened her pace and fumbled for her keys in her purse, heart racing as she finally reached her car and unlocked the door.