Chapter 8 - Betrayal

Rachel was working late at the office, going through the stacks of paperwork on her desk. She had been putting in long hours ever since the mole had been uncovered, determined to make sure that everything was in order and that there were no more threats to the organization.

As she was sifting through a particularly dense report, she heard a knock on her office door. She looked up to see Moxley standing there, a somber expression on his face.

"Hey," she said, putting down the file. "What's up?"

Moxley hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Rachel, I need to talk to you about something. Something important."

Rachel's heart skipped a beat. She had never seen Moxley look so serious before. "Okay," she said, trying to keep her voice steady. "What is it?"

Moxley took a deep breath. "Rachel, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I have to tell you."

Rachel felt a chill run down her spine. "What is it?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Moxley," a voice boomed from the hallway. "What are you doing here?"

Rachel turned to see Reyes standing in the doorway, a look of confusion on his face.

Moxley looked at Rachel with a pained expression. "I have to go," he said, before rushing out of the office.

Rachel was left alone with Reyes, her mind racing with questions. "What was that all about?" she asked.

Reyes shrugged. "I have no idea," he said. "But we need to talk."

Rachel followed him into the conference room, her mind still reeling from Moxley's strange behavior. As she sat down at the table, Reyes looked at her gravely.

"Rachel, there's something you need to know," he said. "Something that I've been keeping from you."

Rachel tensed, her heart pounding in her chest. "What is it?" she asked.

Reyes took a deep breath. "Moxley isn't who you think he is," he said. "He's been working against us this whole time."

Rachel felt as though the ground had dropped out from beneath her. "What?" she said, her voice barely audible.

Reyes nodded grimly. "I know it's hard to believe," he said. "But it's the truth. Moxley has been feeding information to our enemies for months now. And I have proof."

He slid a folder across the table, and Rachel opened it to see a series of emails and messages from Moxley to an unknown recipient. Her hands shook as she read through them, unable to believe what she was seeing.

"How could he do this?" she said, her voice trembling with anger and disbelief. "How could he betray us like this?"

Reyes looked at her sympathetically. "I don't know," he said. "But we need to deal with this before it's too late. We have to take action."

Rachel nodded, her mind whirling with thoughts of what to do next. She had trusted Moxley with everything she had, and now she realized that he had been playing her for a fool the entire time.

"We need to arrest him," she said, her voice resolute. "We need to make sure he can't hurt us anymore."

Reyes nodded. "I'll make the arrangements," he said. "But Rachel, be careful. Moxley is a dangerous man. I don't want to see you get hurt."

Rachel nodded, knowing that Reyes was right. She had to be careful. But she also knew that she couldn't let Moxley get away with what he had done. She had trusted him, looked up to him even, and he had betrayed her and the organization.