𝟏

[ starstruck.galaxian ]:

hiya doctor

hows the doctor-ing?

[ Doctorwho1966 ]:

Pretty good! 

How's the author-ing?

[ starstruck.galaxian ]:

its going very slow

btw since you asked

i sorta ghost write sci-fi books !! idk how to explain it

AND i have a romance novel published under my actual name

but i make my money from the ghostwriting lol

[ Doctorwho1966 ]:

Ghostwriting? As in writing books for other people to claim ownership over?

Do you at least get credited? 

Having someone pass your hard work off as their own sounds infuriating.

[ starstruck.galaxian ]:

OH NO not like actual ghost writing

its more like--

"Reid?"

Spencer's head shoots up to look away from his laptop, a few tucked back strands of hair falling out. "We have a case, kid," Rossi calls out from the balcony looking over the bullpen. He shoots Spencer a bittersweet look, knowing they just finished a case. With a tight-lipped smile and a nod Spencer starts packing his stuff.

The sigh that leaves Spencer is involuntary. He loves the job, he really does. Saving people, hunting down criminals, all while using his intellect; it's the dream. And yet, in cases like these, where Spencer hasn't been home in god knows how long, resentment threatens to spill into his thoughts.

As he makes his way to the conference room, messenger bag held tight against his chest, he lets his mind wander to the server.

He'd joined after the FBI psychiatrist gave him a painfully sharp look when he mentioned his lack of friends outside of work. He's never seen it as a bad thing, and yet that single glance encouraged Reid to look for some contacts outside the BAU.

The only person he felt right asking for advice about it was Garcia. She's the one who always seemed to know every person at the conventions they went to. He remembered gawking at her contact list's size, too, so she seemed like the obvious choice when it came to friend making.

"You came to the right person, lovely! Consider me your platonic cupid." Garcia's chair swivels around to face her screens. "Now, what kind of friends are you looking for?" 

Spencer stills, confused. "Are there different kinds?" he croaks out, voice soft. With a gasp she turns around again to look at him. "Oh my sweet, smart, socially awkward boy, you have so much to learn. But not to worry, I'll hold your hand through the whole ordeal!"

Yet again Garcia turns, this time urging Spencer to look at her screens with her. "Okay, the easiest way to make friends is to join a server. It's basically a chatroom full of strangers looking to chat about stuff they like. Now, what topic would you join?"

Spencer scratches the back of his neck, head swimming in confusion. "Maybe a writing server? Something with books would, uh, be nice, I think." Garcia hums at that, her fingers typing at maximum speed as she filters through servers.

"Oohh, how about this one?" Spencer's eyes widen at the member count. "Is there anything less... crowded?" Garcia looks up with him with a smile. "Of course, sweet cheeks. How abouuut... this one!"

With a firm click the server appears on screen. It has a humble member count, and a charming description. Spencer can't help but let a small smile grow on his features, sudden excitement stirring up in him. "I like it," he says, his smile widening.

"Writer's Den it is, then! Alright, you'll need a username. Something that shows your interests, like mine," Garcia explains. "Isn't your username 'Cupcake Queen?'" Garcia nods, chest puffed out in pride. "My cupcakes are worthy of royal status. Now c'mon, use that beautiful gray matter of yours to think of something."

"How about... Doctor who.... 1966."

They share a knowing grin before Garcia types it out. She then grabs one of her feathery pens and a post-it, quickly writing something down. "These are your details, just log in via your laptop. I set it up that it'll automatically send you to the server."

Spencer grins as he's handed the piece of paper. "I can't thank you enough, Garcia, really."

"No need to thank me Spence, just go out there and get to socializing!"

Spencer stops his mind wandering the moment the briefing starts, and only when he's seated in the plane does he pull out his laptop again.

[ starstruck.galaxian ]:

its more like i write books requested by publishers

and they then publish it using a random fake name of some not existing person

it RLLY pays the bills so i dont mind missing out on some direct credit lol

[ Doctorwho1966 ]:

I'm really sorry but I have to go.

Work stuff haha.

Can I message you later?

[ starstruck.galaxian ]:

ofc you can!! then you can tell me abt yourself since im doing most of the talking rn lol

ttyl :))

[ Doctorwho1966 ]:

"ttyl"?

[ starstruck.galaxian ]:

OH lol

its an abbreviation for talk to you later

remind me to teach you common internet words :p

[ Doctorwho1966 ]:

Will do!

Good luck with writing.

TTYL. 

:)